- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small red onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 8 wooden skewers
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, whisk together onion powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder. Add chicken, tossing to coat the cubes well. Refrigerate and marinade chicken for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan when ready to cook. Soak wooden skewers in a shallow pan filled with cold water for 15 minutes.
- Pat dry the wooden skewers.
- Build the skewers by alternating pieces of chicken, onion, bell peppers and zucchini.
- Each skewer should have at least 3 to 4 pieces of chicken.
- Oil the grill or grill pan lightly with vegetable oil.
- Cook the skewers for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating throughout the cooking process, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from grill and sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 443mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 43.9g
- Cholesterol: 130mg