Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls are a healthy and flavorful recipe your family will LOVE! Likewise, they can be a wonderful meal prep recipe for your weekly lunches!
When my family wants a delicious and healthy dinner, I love to make these Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls! They are filled with fresh flavors like lime and agave and also have a small kick from the cayenne. Whether you make them for dinner or use this recipe as meal prep for your lunches, you will just love these filling and refreshing burrito bowls.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
To begin these Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls, make the chicken marinate. In a large bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, 1/2 tsp agave, 1 tsp ground chipotle powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper until combined. Next, place the chicken in the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
When you are ready to grill the chicken, heat your grill or a grill pan until hot. Once the grill or grill pan is hot, remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto the grill. Cook the chicken until no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the grill and rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice the chicken into thin strips and set aside until you are ready to assemble the bowls.
Before assembling the chicken burrito bowls, make your pico de gallo. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 diced red onion, 1/2 jalapeño seeded and diced, 1 large tomato seeded and chopped, and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
Generally to assemble the bowls, start with 1 cup of cooked brown rice as your base. Then top the rice with sliced chicken, pico de gallo, and avocado. Finally finish with a dollop of sour cream, lime wedges, and an extra sprinkle of cilantro.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING GRILLED CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
To make the assembly of your bowls easier, here are a few helpful tips. While your chicken is marinating, you can go ahead and make the pico, then put it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve the burrito bowls.
Also, make sure you have the rice cooked and ready before you assemble the chicken burrito bowls. Another great time to cook your rice is during the chicken marinading process.
If you try this Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe and enjoyed it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE SOUTHWEST RECIPE IDEAS
Love taco Tuesday but need some different ideas? Try these next!
Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp agave
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
PICO DE GALLO
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 avocado diced
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, add ingredients for the marinade and whisk to combine. Add chicken breasts to the bowl. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. Once the pan is hot, remove chicken from marinade and add to the grill or pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center, approximately 3 to 4 minutes on either side. Then remove the grilled chicken from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Slice into thin strips and set aside until assembly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together jalapeño, tomato, cilantro and red onion.
- To assemble the bowls, start with brown rice as a base, dividing between the two bowls evenly. Top each bowl with pico de gallo, sliced chicken, and avocado. Finally, finish with a dollop of sour cream, lime wedges and an extra sprinkle of chopped cilantro.