Bundt cakes and just all non-frosted cakes are my most made cakes at home. They are great for snacking, great with coffee and tee, social time, you name it. So I love making them for my family. This super moist Blueberry Bundt Cake recipe is so delicious and great for all occasions.
I use the base recipe of this cake for almost all my Bundt cake recipes that require fruits or dried fruits and just swap those ingredient to make different types of cakes. I even make marble Bundt cake with it and all I do is leave a little batter in the pan and mix that with some cocoa powder, Hershey syrup and pour it on top of the cake batter. My family loves it and you will too! It’s super easy to remember this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY BUNDT CAKE
This recipe requires just very few ingredients and process so it won’t be a long blog post. You will first need to whisk the eggs and sugar together with some vanilla extract in a cake mixer on high speed. I use white table sugar but if you prefer cane sugar or light brown sugar, that works too. Just expect the color of the batter/cake to be a little darker.
Once the sugar and eggs have whisked up very will, you will obtain a nice fluffy light yellow colored mixture. Slowly add in the oil, milk, and lemon zest (optional). Whisk well for about second and then turn the mixer off. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk again for a about a minute or a minute and half on medium speed until the batter is well combined. In another bowl, coat the fresh blueberries with flour and then 90% of the berries in the batter. Fold together the blueberries and cake batter with a spatula.
Spray the bundt cake with non-stick baking spray and pour in the batter. Top with the remainder of the blueberries then bake in a pre-heated oven on 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cook time may be more if you are using a thick bundt cake. Just insert a toothpick at 45 minutes and make sure it comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and cover with a kitchen towel until the cake cools down completely. Transfer to a cake dish or plate and serve.
If you try this Blueberry Bundt Cake recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1½ cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp. flour for dusting the blueberries
- ½ tsp. lemon zest optional
- 1 cup milk whole
- Using a mixer, on high speed, whisk the eggs and sugar until they are fluffy and obtain a light yellow color.
- Reduce speed, and gradually add in the oil, milk, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Mix for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour, salt and baking powder. Continue mixing everything together for 2 minutes then turn off the mixer.
- In another bowl, coat the blueberries with 2 tbsps. of flour. Remove 90% of blueberries and add them into the batter and fold with a spatula.
- Greese the bundt pan and our in the batter. Top with remainder of the blueberries.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Test with a wooden skewer to make sure it's completely dry before removing the cake from the oven. Bake additional minutes for extra cooking if the wooden skewer comes out wet.
- Once the cake is done, remove and let it cool completely at room temperature before serving.