If you are trying to step up your meal prep game, don't miss out on this delicious Shrimp Taco Meal Prep recipe because it's a game changer! It's very flavorful, healthy and very easy to put together.
HOW TO MAKE THE SHRIMP TACO MEAL PREP:
Marinate the shrimp with lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, black pepper, paprika and taco seasoning. I love using raw jumbo shrimps but any size of shrimps work. But I prefer raw over cooked shrimps for all my recipes, so make that a priority if you can. Let the shrimp marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes if you have time before cooking.
To cook, you will need to pan sear the shrimps or grill them if you have an easy outdoor grill set up. Heat up some olive oil in a skillet or use a spray, preferably non-stick pan, and pan sear the on each side for 3-4 minutes or until they get a nice golden color and are fully cooked. Try not to over cook the shrimps so they don't dry up.
ASSEMBLING THE SHRIMP TACO MEAL PREP BOWLS:
What makes this meal prep bowl so delicious is the combination of things that go with it. You can assemble it with whatever you want but I found this to be the perfect combination for the recipe. I paired my shrimps with brown rice, shredded Mexican cheese, black beans and corn. Top the shrimps with some chopped green onions to add in some flavors. You can replace the brown rice with lettuce if you want a lower carb version of this meal prep.
Another thing you can add to really add some flavor to this meal prep is to use some sort of creamy dressing of your choice. I lightly add some Taco Ranch to mine sometimes and I absolutely love the Ortega Taco Ranch. I have tried many dressings and I am super picky but this ones is truly so delicious and it's perfect with salads as well.
I hope you try and enjoy this Shrimp Taco Meal Prep recipe! I am sure it will be a perfect addition to your weekly meal prep plan! As always, I would love to see your delicious recreations so be sure to tag me on my Instagram! Xoxo...
OTHER RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
Shrimp Taco Meal Prep
- 2 lbs. shrimp
- 2 tbsps. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 tbsps. lime juice
- 4 tbsps. olive oil 1 tbsp. for searing
- 1 tbsps. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup corn
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- chopped green onions (optional)
- Taco Ranch optional
- Marinate shrimp with olive oil, garlic, paprika, lime juice, taco seasoning, salt and black pepper. Let them marinate in the fridge for 20 minute if time permits, but not required.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a non-stick pan and pan sear the shrimps on each side for 3-4 minutes, until they get gold and cook fully.
- Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the shrimp with remainder of the ingredients in 6 meal prep bowl. Store in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Ideally marinate the shrimp in the fridge for 20 mins, but this is not essential.
- The shrimp are done when they turn opaque and form a 'C' shape.
- Pan sear the shrimps or grill them if you have an easy outdoor grill set up.
- Keep an eye on the shrimp as they cook! You don't want to overcook them and they turn rubbery.
- Cook the rice according to package directions before getting started on the shrimp so it cooks while you are preparing the shrimp.
- Top the shrimps with some chopped green onions to add in some more fresh flavors
- To spice things up, you can add in some crushed red pepper flakes.
- If you are a heavy eater and need more macro, double up the quantity.