Nothing better than a delicious pasta dish anytime, any day. And this Creamy Southwest Shrimp Pasta is so delicious and flavorful, you will have to go for seconds.
HOW TO MAKE THE CREAMY SOUTHWEST SHRIMP PASTA:
Marinate the shrimp with the marinade ingredients and pan sear them with olive oil for about 3 minutes on each side until they are almost cooked but a little undercooked. Remove and set aside in a pyrex bowl and cover with aluminum foil. They will continue cooking for a few more minutes later on with the pasta. Also at this time, you can prepare the pasta al dente and set aside, saving 2 cups of the pasta water.
PUTTING TOGETHER THE CREAMY SOUTHWEST SHRIMP PASTA:
The sauce is what gives this dish the most amazing flavors. In the same skillet, caramelize the onions with some vegetable oil until they are soft. Add in the heavy cream, pasta water, cumin, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder and fresh salsa. Adding the fresh salsa to this meal gives it a nice texture and adds flavor to it. It’s important to use fresh and not the regular salsa for this recipe. I used the Chunky Fresh Cravings Salsa brand from Walmart. You can find it in the produce section by the dressings and guacamole.
Continue cooking the sauce mixture on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until it thickens up. Add in the cooked pasta, shrimps, corn and black beans. Mix together to coat everything well. Cover the dish and cook on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. You may also top it with some finely shredded Mexican cheese before serving.
If you try and enjoy this delicious Creamy Southwest Shrimp Pasta, please leave me a comment and a rating on the recipe card and share the post with friends and family! You can always tag me on my Instagram so I can see your delicious recreations. Xoxo…
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Creamy Southwest Shrimp Pasta
- 10 oz. penne pasta raw
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsps. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3/4 cup corn
- 3/4 cup black beans canned or cooked
- 2 tbsps. vegetable or olive oil
- 1 cup Fresh Cravings Salsa Chunky
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper optional if you want it spicy
- 1.5 lb. raw shrimps peeled
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook pasta al dente and set aside. Save 2 cups of pasta water.
- Marinate and cook the shrimps for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a pyrex bowl and cover with aluminum foil.
- In the same skillet, place 2 tbsps. of vegetable oil and caramelize the onions. Then add in the heavy cream, pasta water, paprika, chili powder, taco seasoning, black pepper, salt and cumin powder.
- Mix the sauce mixture together and cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes until it thickens up.
- Add in the cooked pasta, shrimps, corn and black beans. Mix together to coat everything well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Remove and serve. You can add some finely shredded Mexican cheese on top of the dish before serving.