Happy Sunday! Kicking off my Sunday with a delicious Shrimp Taco Bowl! A great recipe idea for Taco Tuesdays and Cinco De Mayo! It's a very straight forward and simple recipe you can adjust and substitute with other ingredients you prefer. I personally love this combination of ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE THE SHRIMP TACO BOWL:
I marinated the shrimp and pan seared them. You can grill them if you want. It tastes even better. I pan sear them most of the time because it's just faster and more convenient for me.
ASSEMBLING THE SHRIMP TACO BOWL:
Then prepped the salad ingredients: I used romaine lettuce for the base. Top ingredients: Corn, Avocado, Black Beans, Cherry Tomato Pica De Galo (you can use just tomatoes if you like) and Otega® Yellow Corn and Red Bell Pepper Taco Shells that I crushed into little pieces. I also used their Flavor Craver Jalapeno Lime Taco Sauce! it's soooooo good! It's one of my favorite sauces out there. I use it with so many of the dishes I make.
All it takes it putting the ingredients together in a bowl and topping it with a delicious sauce to make it juicy. Otega® has different types of sauces, so you can choose whatever you prefer. I have used their creamy Chipotle and Taco sauce before as well and I found them to be extra delicious.
You can add other ingredients like shredded Mexican cheese, rice, fajita peppers or anything your heart desires to make it as perfect as possible for your taste buds. I hope you try and enjoy this super easy Shrimp Taco Bowl recipe! Looking forward to seeing your delicious recreations. Tag me on my Instagram so I can repost it! Try it, Rate it and Share it! XoXo…
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Shrimp Taco Bowl
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1 tbsp. Ortega Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup Pica De Gallo
- 1/2 cup Ortega Red Bell Pepper Taco shells crushed
- 1/4 cup Ortega Flavor Craver Jalapeño Lime Sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- Bring a skillet to medium heat and either spray it or add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook the shrimps on each side for 3-4 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of lettuce. Place all the ingredients by each other filling the bowl to cover the lettuce. Drizzle some Jalapeño Lime sauce on top of the taco salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can scale up the recipe and make a big batch of shrimp if you're planning to meal prep for the week. You can make the shrimp 3 days in advance.
- You can use raw or frozen shrimp (thawed).
- Make sure to dry off your shrimp completely with a paper towel, this allows the seasoning to stick to the shrimp.
- If you wish to make this dish vegan, you can swap the shrimp for grilled or baked tofu or chickpeas.
- Feel free to mix in your favorite fresh veggies.
- I marinated the shrimp and pan seared them. You can grill them if you want. It tastes even better. I pan sear them most of the time because it's just faster and more convenient for me.