These chili lime shrimp tacos are so vibrant and loaded with zesty flavors. Served with a simple guacamole, they are ready to serve in less than half an hour. Make the elements ahead of time for an easy fuss-free weeknight meal.
It’s Tuesday and you know what that means! Taco Tuesday! This Chili Lime Shrimp Taco recipe is perfect for family dinners on a weeknight day!
Why These Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos Are So Good!
- Make ahead: You can prep all of the elements ahead of time, you just need to cook the shrimp and you can serve the tacos up in minutes.
- Customizable: It’s so easy to make these tacos your own and dress them up with all of your favorite toppings. Try them with my Easy Guacamole, sour cream and your favorite salsa.
- Easy: I love making tacos as they are so quick and easy to do and they are always delicious! Simple ingredients and minimal prep make these a go to family dinner.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Salt and Pepper
- Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- Flour Tortillas
- Purple Onions
How To Make Chili Lime Shrimp Taco
You start by marinating your shrimp. I used the same marinade recipe I used for my Chili Lime Shrimp recipe. Instead of grilling, you sauté them in a cast iron pan.
Assemble the pairing ingredients. I have corn, radish, diced purple onions, flour tortillas (which I warmed up on a pan before serving) and a simple guacamole (I will list the ingredients for that down on the recipe card)
It’s time to assemble the tacos! You can always remove or add ingredients you prefer. If you prefer to just lay out all the ingredients on the table and kind of have everyone assemble theirs however way they like their tacos, that would be even better! My kiddos love doing that. It makes dinner more engaging and fun for everyone.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Take care not to overcook the shrimp. They only need to be cooked a few minutes on each side. If you overcook them, they can become rubbery.
- Make these tacos gluten-free by using GF tortillas. Cassava flour tortillas make a great substitution.
- Remove the shells, tails and devein the shrimp before marinading them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make them ahead of time?
You can prep everything you need for the Chili Lime Shrimp Taco ahead. Simply marinate the shrimps few hours before the kids get home or even the night before. Don’t fret, this is not required. You can marinate and cook them right at dinner time and it will still come out perfect.
The veggies can also be prepped ahead of time and be placed in an air tight container. For the guacamole, I prefer to prepare right before dinner. This way you have fresh mashed avocados and the color is nice and green. It’s just more appetizing.
Can you use frozen shrimp?
I prefer to use fresh shrimp for these tacos, but you can use frozen if that’s what you have. If you do use frozen, make sure that they are fully thawed before you marinate them.
When do you know the shrimp are cooked?
Shrimp take no more than 5 minutes to cook, they are a great go to when you need dinner on the table in a hurry. When cooked, the shrimp will turn from a grey translucent color to pink and they will become opaque.
These marinated chili and lime shrimp are so delicious and work so well in tacos. It’s the perfect addition to any taco night for sure!
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
- Sriracha Garlic Shrimp Sheet Pan
- Blackened Shrimp Meal Prep
- Garlic Shrimp Zoodles
- Creamy Shrimp Salsa Pasta
I hope you enjoy all the recipes I share with you including this delicious and simple Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos. I hope you try it, enjoy it, rate it and share it with your friends and family!
You can also sign up for my blog newsletter to receive all the new recipes that I will be posting straight to your inbox. tag me on INSTAGRAM so I can see your delicious recreations. Until our next recipe. XoXo…
Chili Lime Shrimp Taco
- 2 lbs raw large shrimp
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. mined garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt taste for preference
- 2 tbsps. cilantro finely chopped
- 1 minced garlic
- 2 tbsps. purple onion finely diced
- 1 plum tomato diced into tiny pieces
- 8 small Flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup Corn
- 1/2 cup Radish
- 1/2 cup Purple onions
- Marinate and prepare your shrimps.
- Prepare the guacamole with ingredients listed above. Set aside.
- Slice the radishes, chop the onions, and place corn in a small bowls. Warm your tortillas before assembling the tacos.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a plate and spread 2 tbsps. of guacamole on it. add the shrimps and remainder of the extra ingredients.
- Fold and serve. You can sprinkle some fresh chopped cilantro on top of your tacos if preferred.