With Cinco De Mayo coming up, I thought I would share with you this Easy Guacamole recipe! I make guacamole in so many different ways and hope to share more of those versions with you in the near future. For now, enjoy this one 😉
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY GUACAMOLE RECIPE:
There are only a few ingredients need for this recipe. I dice some purple onions into super small pieces, I mince some garlic and finely cut some fresh cilantro. I use avocados that are not too ripe, this gived the guacamole a nice green color. Buy them just about ripe but not too soft. I also love using lime juice in my guacamole. I feel like it really makes the flavor complete.
SECRET INGREDIENT IN THE EASY GUACAMOLE RECIPE:
Another ingredient I sneak in there, but very lightly, is cumin powder. It gives just a tiny hint of cumin flavor, which I love with all avocado salad recipes. Mash everything up together and add a pinch of salt. Fold together well and serve in a bowl or plate with a side of tortilla or pita chips.
I hope you love and enjoy this Easy Guacamole recipe! Save and share this recipe to try it. Give it a rating on my recipe card if you liked it! XoXo…
OTHER RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
- 3 large avocados
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 3 tbsps. fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsps. purple onion finely mined
- Minced the garlic, dice the onions and chopped cilantro.
- Add in the lime juice, salt and cumin powder.
- Peel the avocados, remove the stone and mash them with a fork.
- Fold everything together well and pour in a bowl. Drizzle some olive oil (optional) and serve with tortilla and pita chips.
- Use ripe avocados that give a little when you squeeze them. Unripe avocados will be less creamy and harder to mash. I use avocados that are not too ripe, this gives the guacamole a nice green color. Buy them just about ripe but not too soft.
- Mash the avocados by hand with a fork. Don't be tempted to use a food processor. This will result in a soupy guacamole!
- If you don't like the taste of cilantro you can swap this with some fresh parsley so that you still get a herby hit of freshness.