These Mexican Chicken Tacos are a great grilled chicken taco recipe that is so easy to make, your family will ask for it again and again. This simple recipe is packed with authentic flavor and can be on your table in a half hour!
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CHICKEN TACOS
In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 2 tsp agave, 1/2 tsp chili powder 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper until combined. Slice the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half, horizontally then place the chicken in a gallon Ziplock bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
Once the chicken is finished marinating, heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Grill the Mexican chicken for approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side until it is cooked through. Remove the grilled chicken from the grill or pan and slice into long strips, then set aside.
While the chicken rests, grill each corn tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side. When you are ready to assemble the Mexican Chicken Tacos, place the grilled chicken in a tortilla followed by pico de gallo, corn, and guacamole. Finally top with cilantro and serve!
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING MEXICAN CHICKEN TACOS
When it comes to making these easy grilled chicken tacos, there are a few things you can do to get that authentic flavor without spending too long in the kitchen. For one thing, use fresh lime juice, if possible. In addition, make sure the chicken is roughly the same thickness after cutting, this will help you cook them evenly. Lastly, make my guacamole recipe for topping, you will just love it!
Once you have tried these Mexican Chicken Tacos you will know just how delicious and easy they are! If you try them tag me on Instagram @cookinwithmima and tag it with #cookinwithmima because I love to see all of your recreations! Also, you can follow me on Pinterest for more dinner inspiration, because who doesn’t love quick and delicious dinner recipes!?! Xoxo…
RECIPES SIMILAR TO MEXICAN CHICKEN TACOS
Mexican Chicken Tacos
- 2 boneless skinless thick chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 8 taco corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp agave
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pico de gallo
- Corn optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the marinade. Add marinade and chicken to a ziplock bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes, up to 3 hours.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from heat and slice into long strips.
- Cook tortillas on the grill for approximately 30 seconds on each side.
- To assemble the tacos, add chicken, pico de gallo, corn, and guacamole to the tortillas. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.