These Mexican Chicken Tacos are a great grilled chicken taco recipe that is so easy to make, you won't mind making it over and over again. This simple recipe is packed with authentic flavor and can be on your table in a half-hour!
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CHICKEN TACOS
In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 2 tsp agave, 1/2 tsp chili powder 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper until combined. Slice the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half, horizontally then place the chicken in a gallon Ziplock bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
Once the chicken is finished marinating, heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the Mexican chicken for approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side until it is cooked through. Remove the grilled chicken from the grill or pan and slice into long strips, then set aside.
While the chicken rests, grill each corn tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side. When you are ready to assemble the Mexican Chicken Tacos, place the grilled chicken in a tortilla followed by pico de gallo, corn, and guacamole. Finally, top with cilantro and serve!
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING MEXICAN CHICKEN TACOS
When it comes to making these easy grilled chicken tacos, there are a few things you can do to get that authentic flavor without spending too long in the kitchen.
Use Fresh Lime Juice
For one thing, use fresh lime juice, if possible. It has a robust flavor and you'll notice the difference.
Cut Chicken Evenly
In addition, make sure the chicken is roughly the same thickness after cutting, this will help you cook them evenly.
Make Fresh Guac
Lastly, make my guacamole recipe for topping, you will just love it!
If you try this Mexican Chicken Taco recipe and enjoyed it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
RECIPES SIMILAR TO MEXICAN CHICKEN TACOS
Jazz up your Taco Tuesday with these creative ideas next.
Mexican Chicken Tacos
- 2 boneless skinless thick chicken breasts cut in half horizontally
- 8 taco corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp agave
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pico de gallo
- Corn optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the marinade. Add marinade and chicken to a ziplock bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes, up to 3 hours.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from heat and slice into long strips.
- Cook tortillas on the grill for approximately 30 seconds on each side.
- To assemble the tacos, add chicken, pico de gallo, corn, and guacamole to the tortillas. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Use fresh lime juice. It has a robust flavor and you'll notice the difference.
- Cut the chicken so it's an even thickness so that it cooks evenly.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing it. This will help the chicken to get nice and juicy.
- Warm the tortillas before filling them. This helps them to become more pliable and easier to wrap.
- You can top these with many different optional toppings like sour cream, salsa, red onion, green onion, or even jalapeños.