This Creamy Shrimp Salsa Pasta recipe is one of my MOST favorite pasta dish ever! When you try it, you will know what I am talking about. The pasta and shrimp are smothered with a delicious creamy salsa sauce that is made fresh from scratch with added spices.
This Creamy Shrimp Salsa Pasta recipe post is sponsored by Oster®, but all options and words are my own.
CREAMY SHRIMP SALSA PASTA
I made a batch of fresh homemade salsa to prepare this recipe with the help of my new kitchen gadget, Oster® Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings. The super cool thing about this blender is that it is also a food processor. More like a two in one of your most used kitchen appliances. I use a food processor on daily basis and to have a two in one option is great for me because it saves me storage space and time.
The Oster® Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings has pre-programmed settings, including 2 food modes (smoothie and food chop), 3 texture settings (thin, medium, and thick), plus it also has a manual setting control for more preferences. You can make almost everything from drinks to soups and salsa at just the right consistency you want! So this blender literally lacks absolutely nothing! Oh, I don’t want to forget another plus to this blender, which is the Blend N’ Go Cup! It’s perfect to make quick smoothies and drinks and the cup can be used on the go!
One fact about me: My very first ever blender was an Oster® blender. It was affordable, lasted many years and served us so well! I remember buying it from Walmart back in the days and this new, Oster® Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings, is also available at Walmart too! You can get it HERE.
HOW TO MAKE THE CREAMY SHRIMP SALSA PASTA SAUCE
First thing you will do is make the salsa. This is the main part of the whole recipe because it brings out all the flavors and texture of the veggies used. Using a food processor or blender saves a lot of prep time. Some people use raw veggies to make their salsa, which you could here, but make sure when sautéing the salsa, you cook it a little longer.
I broiled/roasted the garlic, green bell pepper (to reduce the amount of jalapeño), tomatoes, jalapeño, and onion together in a sheet pan for about 10 minutes. Spray with oil before roasting. To save time, cook your pasta while waiting. Save 3/4 cup of pasta water.
Once the veggies have roasted, remove them from the oven and take off the peel of the tomatoes. Transfer the veggies to the blender/food processor, I used the thick texture on my Oster® blender to keep texture of the veggies (like chunky salsa), add in some salt and cumin powder for taste and blend it on low for about 5 seconds. This blender is really powerful, so it won’t take too long to get the texture you want. Typically, I would add fresh cilantro to my salsa when I blend it, but because this recipe does not call for cilantro, I did not add it in.
You can always make a bigger batch of salsa and store the extras in glass jars to enjoy with chips later on. My kids love homemade salsa.
Now to make the sauce, heat up 2 tbsps. of olive oil in a pan, add in the salsa, tomato paste, canned adobo pepper, salt and spices to cook for 5 minutes on medium heat while covered.
Then add in the heavy cream, pasta water and stir well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes while covered. The sauce should be ready at this point.
PROTEINS TO SERVE WITH THE CREAMY SHRIMP SALSA PASTA
For this recipe, I prefer using either shrimp, chicken or scallops. If you are vegetarian, you can always use tofu or add in some sautéed mushrooms instead. This recipe will be a shrimp pasta dish, but you can cook the chicken or scallops the same way I did for the shrimp.
Marinate and sauté the shrimp until fully cooked (about minutes on each side for raw shrimp). Once the shrimp is cooked, the dish is ready to be put together. Add in the shrimp and pasta over the creamy salsa sauce and mix to coat everything very well. Cover and let the dish cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow the shrimp and pasta to suck up some of the sauce.
Remove from heat and serve while hot/warm. You can garnish with some freshly chopped parsley or cilantro to add color, some pepper flakes or grated parmesan cheese. I am seriously craving more of this pasta as I write the blog post. This Creamy Shrimp Salsa Pasta is really AMAZING!
If you try this Creamy Shrimp Salsa Pasta recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
OTHER PASTA RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Creamy Red Pepper Rigatoni
- Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
Creamy Shrimp Salsa Pasta
- 12 oz. rotini pasta or any kind of pasta, cooked
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp
- 1 tbsp. chili powder seasoning not hot pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsps. lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup pasta water
- 5 small tomatoes plum or vine
- 1 piece jalapeño Pepper seeds removed
- 1/2 small green bell pepper seeds removed
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion Peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsps. adobo pepper, in can measure after taking seeds and chopping
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- Line the veggies required for the salsa in a sheet pan and spray with oil. Broil for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Save 3/4 cup of water for later.
- Pan sear the shrimps fully cooked.
- When the veggies have roasted, peel the tomato skin off and transfer everything to the blender to process just enough to keep the texture of the veggies, like chunky salsa. You can use the thick texture on low setting on the texture select blender.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and transfer the salsa and spices of the sauce onto it. Cover and cook for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the water and heavy cream, stir well and cover again to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta and shrimp. Mix to coat well and cover to let them cook well for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, cilantro or grated parmesan cheese.
Leave A Reply & Rate Recipe