If you love pizza but can’t eat all the bread that comes with it, you might want to try this Cauliflower Pizza Casserole because it’s very low in carbs and it’s a great way to introduce a healthier pizza recipe to your family. This casserole recipe is easy to put together and makes a perfect weeknight dinner meal.
If you don’t know what cauliflower is or have never tried it before, it is a super healthy vegetable that is low in carbs. It is also rich with many vitamins and mineral that are good for your body. Cauliflower is also a member of the cancer fighting family of vegetables.
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CASSEROLE
You will need:
- Turkey or Beef Pepperoni
- Pizza Sauce ( Homemade or store bought)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Herbs and Spices
- Green Bell Pepper
- Olives (optional)
- Olive Oil
HOW TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CASSEROLE
You will first need to cut out the stems of the cauliflower florets you obtainer smaller pieces of cauliflower. Place them florets in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil, add one cup 1/2 cup water and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cover the cauliflower with the pizza sauce. Top the sauce with shredded mozzarella cheese, diced green beller pepper, olives and add the pepperoni pieces as well. Season with some dried oregano and then bake again for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cover the dish with aluminum foil for 5 minutes to cool before serving because the dish will be super hot and you don’t want any burns. That sums it up for this super easy Cauliflower Pizza Casserole!
Finally, I hope you try and enjoy this delicious cauliflower casserole recipe! I would appreciate it if you follow me on my Pinterest and don’t forget to share your delicious recreations with me on my Instagram DM!
FAQ’s ABOUT CAULIFLOWER
Is cauliflower low carb?
Absolutely. 1 cup of cauliflower has 5 g of carbs, 3 of which are fiber.
Is cauliflower allowed on a keto diet?
Cauliflower is a vegetable of choice if you’re on the keto diet!
What meat pairs well with cauliflower?
You can pair cauliflower with grilled meats such as steak, chicken and fish.
What to foods to substitute with cauliflower?
You can substitute rice and potatoes with cauliflower.
How many calories does a cauliflower have?
1 medium head of cauliflower has 146 calories.
How to cook cauliflower?
You can fry, bake, grill or steam cauliflower.
Is cauliflower healthy?
Yes, but the way you cook it determines how healthy it is.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
- 2 cauliflower heads cut into florets
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup or one container of pizza/marinara sauce
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz. beef or turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsps. dried oregano leaves
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a baking casserole or dish, arrange the cauliflower evenly in a single layer and drizzle the olive oil onto it. Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Pour the marinara sauce evenly over the cauliflower. Add the shredded cheese on top and then top with the green bell pepper, olive and peperoni. Sprinkle the oregano dried leaves on top.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and obtained some golden color to it.
- Remove and let the casserole dish rest for 5 minutes covered before serving.
- Use a preheated oven
- Cut your florets into even sized pieces, so they cook evenly.
- If you don't like olives, by all means, leave them out - the pizza casserole still tastes great!
- Feel free to try out other veggies as toppings. It's a great way to clear out the fridge.
- If you want a bit of spice, try adding some chili flakes.
- Ideally shred your own cheese, pre shredded cheese doesn't melt as well.
- You can swap the mozzarella for jack or cheddar.
- Give this a Mexican twist with a Mexican blend cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil for 5 minutes to cool before serving because the dish will be super hot and you don't want any burns.
Leave A Reply & Rate Recipe