I love this Burrata Caprese Toast because it’s absolutely delicious and so simple. Nothing too fancy and can be made with very little ingredients. You probably almost have all your ingredients ready in your fridge!
HOW I MAKE THE BURRATA CAPRESE TOAST:
So I am sure you have had caprese sandwiches or toasts before. Usually I make caprese sandwiches, I use pesto and mozzarella cheese. But since this caprese toast is not going to be toasted, I made it with some Buratta cheese instead. Burrata is a fresh Italian cow milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella, while the inside contains stracciatella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture. I love the texture and richness of it and love using it with cold sandwiches or salads. I kept this Burrata Caprese Toast very simple. I drizzled some olive oil on some fresh sliced bread and pan toasted them a little. You can topped the toasts with the Buratta Cheese and drizzle some olive oil on top. Add pieces of tomatoes, dash of salt, fresh ground black pepper and some fresh basil leaves. Voila! Your Burutta Caprese Toast is ready to eat! Naaaaah!!! Just kidding. Not quite ready but almost! Now you didn’t think I forgot the delicious concentrated balsamic vinaigrette. Be sure to use the concentrated balsamic vinaigrette because it tastes so much better. I usually use the regular balsamic when I make salad dressings. But when the drizzles are in action, you definitely should go with the concentrated version. Stays clean and tastes mean! Lol just kidding. But you seriously have to try this Burrata Caprese Toast ASAP! It makes a great appetizer for any day, any time for family members and guests.
Be sure to tag me in your delicious recreations and don’t forget to share this recipe with friends and family members. You can always pin and save the recipe and get back to it when you are ready for it. xoxo
RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Burrata Caprese Toast
- 2 whole Burrata Cheese
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps Concentrated Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 slices Sour Dough Toast
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil
- Drizzle some olive oil on your toast and pan sear them for a little to toast them up.
- Place the burrata cheese and top with tomatoes, ground black pepper, salt, olive oil and fresh basil.
- This is a simple recipe that lets the ingredients shine, so ideally use the best ingredients you can.
- Be sure to use the concentrated balsamic vinaigrette because it tastes so much better.
- Sourdough works great but you could use ciabatta. The bread needs to holds its structure well.
- For a pop of color you can use mixed mini heirloom tomatoes.
- Burrata can be found in most shops, but if you can’t find it, you can easily make these caprese bites with fresh mozzarella.
- Finally top with Basil or mint.
I spent 2 years on the south east coast of Italy! Never saw or heard about this,I used a round Tuscan loaf of bread! Wife and I both loved it!!!
Mariam E. says
I am glad you enjoyed this recipe! I’m so jealous, I love Italy. It’s so beautiful! I wish I can spend two year there too 😉 Thanks for the review.
Lindsey huntet says
I have cooked a couple of things off your site and they have been to die for can I ask what the sour dough is?
Mariam E. says
Sour dough is a type of bread. They are found in mostly all supermarket and bakeries and it’s said to be a little more healthier than regular bread. It has a hint of sourness to it.
Looks absolutely delicious ?. Love all your recipe.
Mariam E. says