This Creamy One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta, is a Mexican inspired dish that is super delicious, comforting and easy to make. Everything is made in one pot for a mess free meal, perfect for weeknight dinners.
HOW TO MAKE THE CREAMY ONE POT CHICKEN FAJITA PASTA:
Marinate the chicken tenders with the chicken spices. In a heated skillet, add the olive oil and pan sear the chicken tenders on each side for 4 minutes. Chicken tenders usually cook so much faster and are a lot juicer than regular chicken breasts. After cooking, cover and let them rest for a few minutes before cubing them. Meanwhile, prepare the pasta al dente according to package instructions…
THE CREAMY PASTA SAUCE:
Dice some bell peppers, onions and sauté them until they are tender. Then add some of the reserved pasta water, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt, and spices. Bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes on low.
PUTTING TOGETHER THE CREAMY ONE POT CHICKEN FAJITA PASTA:
Add in the cooked pasta and mix everything together to coat the pasta very well. Cook for 2 minutes. Then add in the chicken and asparagus. Toss everything together one more time to coat with sauce and then cover to simmer for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve. You can grate some more parmesan cheese on top or top it with some finely shredded Mexican cheese. My kids always prefer that.
That is how simple and super quick this delicious Creamy One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta can be on your plate anytime during your busy weekdays. It takes less than 30 minutes, very family friendly and comforting. I hope you try and enjoy it. Please take a moment to rate it and share it. You can follow me on Pinterest and re-pin all of your favorite recipe from my Pinterest boards. Xoxo…
OTHER RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
Creamy One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 10 0 z. bowtie pasta uncooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pasta water
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 cups asparagus spears trimmed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. fajita spices
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 cups multi colored bell pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Cook Pasta al dente and save 2 cups of the pasta water.
- In a skillet, sauté the onions and pepper with olive oil until they are tender. Add in the heavy cream, fajita spices, black pepper, salt, pasta water and parmesan cheese. Bring to boil and then lower the heat and cook on low for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and mix to coat well. Cook for 2 minutes on low. Add in the chicken and asparagus, then cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Add more grated parmesan or shredded Mexican cheese if desired.