These shish kabobs are perfect for both lunch and dinner. You are going to love my homemade chicken shish kabob marinade too – tangy BBQ teriyaki. Yum!
My Favorite Chicken Shish Kabob Recipe
What do you like to call them? Whether you call them shish kabobs or skewers, you are going to love this BBQ teriyaki recipe.
It has always been my go to option for a quick and easy grilled chicken kabob recipe. I love meals that are on the sweet side and this has both a sweet and savory flavor to it. Another reason I love making this recipe is that it’s so convenient as far as ease and time by shopping for everything I need in one place.
How to Make Chicken Shish Kabobs
Here’s how I made mine. The entire recipe is in the printable card at the bottom of the post.
First, I assembled all of my ingredients.
This is a basic idea of what I put on my skewers, but you can add so many other things to it too.
- Chicken Thighs – The chicken thighs come out less dry than breasts. You can use breasts instead, but they will have a different texture.
- Bell Peppers – I used yellow, green, and yellow peppers. Use any type of peppers that you enjoy eating.
- Red Onion – You can use any type of onion, but I love the bold taste of the red onions.
Where I Buy Chicken
With the high quality of the Marketside’s Boneless Skinless No Antibiotic Chicken Thighs and fresh produce, this recipe makes the meal even healthier. Yes, you read that right, those chicken thighs have “No Antibiotic” what so ever!
Not only is Walmart carrying healthier meat options, but they also have great everyday low prices. I literally shop at a lot of places and believe me when I say this, you will be saving a lot especially if you buy large quantities for your families. I make a ton of recipes for my blog, and it has definitely saved me a lot of money. High-quality meat and chicken can run pretty high, but in this case, you can get a healthier option at a great price without sacrificing any extra cash out of your pocket.
This recipe is going to be one of your favorite go-to recipes after you make it for the first time and realize how easy it is to shop for and prepare.
Homemade BBQ Teriyaki Marinade
After I did all my food prep, I made the marinade and soaked the chicken in it for a few hours.
You can use this marinade on other meats too. It’s sweet and tangy with a little bite.
After I got all my ingredients from Walmart I started by cubing the Marketside’s Boneless Skinless No Antibiotic Chicken Thighs and marinated them.
Here’s what I put in my marinade. All the amounts are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Great Value Garlic Teriyaki Marinade
- Great Value BBQ Wing Seasoning Mix
- Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of salt
The final step was assembling the chicken skewers and grilling them!
You don’t need a thousand ingredients for this recipe. I hate preparing meals with a million kinds of spices and ingredients. I love keeping it simple. And that’s how easy this is. That’s all it takes. It literally takes less than 15 minutes to prepare!
Grill Or Bake the Shish Kabobs
You can then grill them on your BBQ grill outside or even on an indoor grill.
If you don’t have any of these options or just feeling lazy, don’t worry! Grill them in your oven on broil! I do that all the time in the wintertime because I use this recipe for meal prep.
Here’s how to cook and bake them:
- 450°F Oven for 25-30 minutes. To prevent sticking, put aluminum foil on the baking sheet first.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken skewers in the skillet and fry until the chicken is fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes per side.
The Perfect Protein for Meal Prepping
If you love meal prepping, this will be an extra reason you will fall in love with this recipe. I meal prepped some of those chicken skewers I made for my husband. You know what that means right? They are “picky husband” approved as well.
Now that you see how easy this recipe is, nothing can stop you from making this amazing meal with just one stop affordable shopping for everything you need at your local Walmart! Just remember two words, Healthy and Affordable. It’s a WIN WIN situation! Be sure to share your photos with me when you prepare this recipe so I can see how beautiful your BBQ Teriyaki Chicken Skewers look! I am sure you will love it!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you try this Easy BBQ Teriyaki Shish Kabob recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
More BBQ Recipes
Want more ways you can use that grill? Try one of these amazing recipes.
BBQ TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 3 pounds chicken thighs Marketside’s Boneless Skinless No Antibiotic Chicken Thighs, Cubed
- 2 cups Red Bell Peppers Cubed, about 2 peppers
- 2 cups Yellow Bell Peppers Cubed, about 2 peppers
- 2 cups Green Bell Peppers Cubed, about 2 peppers
- 1 cup Purple Onion Cubed, about 1 onion
- Toasted Sesame Seeds for garnishing
- Cube the fresh produce: the purple onion and bell peppers. Mince the garlic and set all of those aside.
- Cube the chicken thighs. Do not cube them too small.
- In a bowl, add the chicken cubes, the garlic teriyaki marinade, olive oil, BBQ wing seasoning, salt and minced garlic.
- Combine well until the chicken cubes are well coated.
- Refrigerate the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Assemble the chicken kabobs by staking the chicken cubes and the veggies onto the skewers.
- Grill until fully cooked, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Brush extra marinade onto the chicken kabobs a minute before you remove them from the grill for an extra juicy coat. (Do not brush them before grilling. The extra marinade makes them burn up faster)
- Remove the grilled kabobs and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.