With super bowl coming up, this Honey BBQ Chicken Wings recipe is a win! You will amaze your family and guests with the deliciousness of these chicken wings.
Why pay $7.99 for 6-8 pieces of chicken wings from most fast food places around when you can buy a large pack of chicken wings, the BBQ Sauce, and every ingredient needed (which you probably already have in hand) for less than $20? And that feeds your whole family and enough for an appetizer platter for your guest on any occasion!
HOW TO MAKE THE HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS:
The secret to these delicious wings starts with making the batter. I double coat the pieces of chicken wings so they come out EXTRA CRUNCHY! In one bowl, I mix in the dry batter ingredients. In another I mix in the egg wash. At this point you should have your wings already trimmed and patted dry. Start by coating the chicken wings with the dry mix (coat really well). Then dip into the egg wash and then repeat the first step again by heavily coating the chicken wings with the dry mix. I kind of pat them with my fingers to make sure the mix sticks well on the chicken.
Place wing pieces on a sheet pan and let them rest for about 10 minutes. This will allow the batter to absorb well and you wont end up with an extra messy oil while frying them. In a deep frying pan or skillet, preheat your oil and fry the chicken wings, allowing space between them so you do not over crowd the pan. Remove and place on a rack to rest while you prepare the BBQ sauce.
In another pan, heat 1 tbsp. of vegetable or sesame oil. Add the minced garlic, ginger paste, chili pepper flakes (optional) and toss to fry for about 30 seconds. Add the BBQ sauce, 1 tsp of white vinegar, honey and let them cook together until you obtain a maple syrup consistency. Usually takes about 2-2 minutes of simmering medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Grab a big bowl and toss together the chicken wings and BBQ sauce to coat well.
Serve on a platter. Sprinkle some chopped chives and toasted sesame seeds on top for garnishing if you like, but it’s not required if you don’t like them. These Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are soooooooooo good! I can eat like 20 pieces just by myself 😀 . It’s proteins right? I guess I will be fine 😉 . Please take a moment to share this recipe and don’t forget to tag me or leave a comment/rating and let me know if you liked it! Xoxo…
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings or drumettes
- Canola oil fill pan with 3 inches deep
- Toasted Sesame Seeds option
- Chopped Chives optional
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsps. paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup honey bbq wing sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray, so yummy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsps. of minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable/or sesame oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes optional
- Pat dry the trimmed wings or drumettes with a paper towel.
- In two separate bowls, mix the dry mix and egg wash.
- Coat each piece generously in this order : Dry mix, Egg Wash, Dry Mix. Lay them on a sheet pan and give them 10 minutes to absorb the batter well.
- In a deep frying pan, put a generous amount of canola oil. About 3 inches deep. Preheat to medium-high heat and fry the pieces of chicken wings. (space them apart). Lay on a rack to drain.
- Prepare the BBQ sauce. In a small pan, heat 1 tbsp. of vegetable or sesame oil on medium heat, and fry the ginger, garlic and chili pepper flakes for about 30 seconds. Pour in the BBQ sauce, vinegar and honey. Let them cook/simmer on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Pour the BBQ sauce into a bigger bowl and add in the chicken wings. Toss around to coat well with the BBQ sauce.
- Serve and enjoy! You can top with optional toppings.