I am a huge fan of sweet and savory foods. This Grilled Teriyaki Chicken is one of my favorite grilled chicken recipe. It’s made with juicy chicken tender and just a few other ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE THE TERIYAKI GRILLED CHICKEN:
When it comes to chicken breast, unless I am stuffing them, I always use the chicken tenders. They are juicier and cook much faster. They are already a perfect size and all you have to do is clean out the outer film if there is any, and cut them into 1 inch cubes.
After cubing the chicken, marinate with the teriyaki sauce, minced garlic, a pinch of salt and olive oil. Let them marinate for 30 minutes if you have enough time. But you can always skip that and grill right away. You can assemble the chicken pieces on a skewer with your favorite veggies. I used peppers and onions. You can add some Zucchinis if you like as well.
COOKING THE TERIYAKI GRILLED CHICKEN:
I used an indoor grill to grill these Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. It gives them an outdoor grill look and flavor, which I absolutely love. But if you don’t have one, you can always broil them in the oven. Place the chicken skewers on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil, and broil in the middle section of the oven. Do not place too low or too high up. Grill each side for approximately 8 minutes or until fully cooked. Preheat the oven first. I usually turn my broil on for about 5 minutes to obtain the 550 degrees temperature before I start grilling the chicken. Remove and serve.
This Teriyaki Grilled Chicken is also great for meal prepping. You can serve it with some brown rice, more veggies or even zoodles if you are looking to keep your carbs on track. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating on my recipe card and share with your friends and family members. You can save to your Pinterest board for future reference as well. Feel free to share your delicious recreations on your Instagram stories and tag me so I can repost them. XoXo…
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders cubed
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large purple onion cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper cubed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cubed
- 1 large green bell pepper cubed
- sesame seeds
- Cube the chicken tenders and place in a bowl.
- Add in the teriyaki sauce, salt, minced garlic and olive oil. Mix to coat well.
- Cube up the veggies and then assemble the chicken skewers.
- Grill on an indoor grill or broil in a preheated 550 degree oven on each side for 8 minutes. Place on the middle rack.
- Remove and serve.
- Marinade the chicken for 30 minutes for the best flavor. Don't marinate it for more than two hours or the meat can start to break down.
- Preheat your grill before you add the chicken to achieve good browning.
- Take care not to overcook the chicken or it can become dry and tough. They only need around 8 minutes to cook on each side.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in some water before threading them so that they don't burn on the grill.