If you love creamy recipes, you are going to love this Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs recipe. It's similar to a Creamy Mushroom Steak Recipe but with chicken instead. It's creamy, it's flavorful and super low in carbs. This meal can also be Keto Friendly.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN THIGHS
Starting with the chicken, you can use any type of chicken part you prefer. If you like to stick with the leaner parts, feel free to use chicken breasts or tenders. I personally love chicken thighs. The chicken can be skinless but I sometimes just leave the skin on to help keep the chicken moist.
Trim the chicken from any excess fat or skin and rub well with a piece of lemon half, then part it dry. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and a couple tablespoons of all purpose flour (optional). The flour is not required but recommended if you like the chicken to have a little crunch on the outside.
Heat some vegetable or canola oil and pan sear the chicken on both sides for 5-6 minutes, if using boneless chicken thighs (add more cook time for chicken with bones and chicken breasts). Once the chicken is done, transfer them to a shallow bowl or platter and cover with aluminum foil.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
To prepare the creamy mushroom sauce, start with washing and drying the mushrooms. Trim stems if needed. Slice the mushrooms and mince the garlic.
In the same skillet, add in the mushrooms, garlic and butter. Sauté the mushrooms until they are tender. Add in the black pepper, onion powder, salt and heavy cream. Simmer on medium to low heat, covered, for about 3-4 minutes, mixing occasionally.
Toss in some fresh oregano leaves and place the chicken in the cream. Drench the chicken with cream and cover again to cook for another 3-4 minutes on low heat.
Remove the pan from the heat, garnish with some fresh herbs, (oregano or parsley), add some grated parmesan if you like and serve with a side of choice. I love serving it with some cooked veggies, steak fries, French fries, roasted potatoes or pasta. This Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs recipe makes a great weeknight or weekend meat for your family or love one. It doesn't break the pocket, and it's as fancy as any creamy chicken dish you eat at a restaurant.
If you try this Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Steak
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Creamy Red Pepper Rigatoni Pasta
- Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken Thighs
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs
- 2 tbsps oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsps. purpose flour OPTIONAL, for non-keto diets.
- ½ lemon for rubbing the chicken
Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsps butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves optional
- 1 tbsp. black pepper fresh ground
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese OPTIONAL for topping
- Trim the chicken thighs and rub with half a lemon. Pat dry and pan sear with the oil for 5-6 minutes on each side on medium heat. Transfer to a bowl and cover with alluminum foil wrap
- In the same skillet, add the sliced mushrooms, garlic and butter. Saute the mushrooms until they are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the heave creamy, water, spices, salt and water or stock. Mix and cover to simmer on low for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens up a little.
- Add in the fresh oregano, chicken pieces and drench them with the sauce and cover to cook with the sauce for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with some fresh oregano leaves and pamesan cheese if prefered.
- You can use any type of chicken part you prefer. If you like to stick with the leaner parts, feel free to use chicken breasts or tenders.
- The chicken can be skinless but I sometimes just leave the skin on to help keep the chicken moist.
- Make sure to trim the chicken of any excess fat.
- The flour is not required but recommended if you like the chicken to have a little crunch on the outside.
- Add more cook time for chicken with bones and chicken breasts.
- For an extra kick, add some dijon - or whole grain - mustard to the sauce.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs - like oregano or parsley - and add some grated Parmesan, if you like.