This Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe can be in your plate in less than 30 minutes! It's absolutely delicious and very simple to make. It's all cooked in one pot to save you from washing the dishes! I also added asparagus to add some color and to give it a little healthy touch.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO SAUCE
The base sauce is made from scratch because it's simple and I am also not a huge fan of store bought alfredo sauce. I use them though "sometimes" when I am reallllyy tight on time. I also use them on my Mediterranean Pizzas because I only use a little for the base.
To make the sauce, I start with caramelizing some finely chopped onions and garlic. Add in the flour and mix together.
Once that part is done, I add in the milk and spices, and salt. Whisk well and let it simmer on low for 2-4 minutes. The sauce is ready! I usually prepare the sauce in the same pan after I cook the chicken to save myself from washing more dishes.
HOW TO MAKE THE CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA
Cook the fettuccine pasta al dente. Save 1.5 cups of pasta water. About 6 minutes cook time.
Slice the chicken into 1 inch strips or however big you want them to be. I like using chicken tenders instead of regular chicken breast but I also use chicken breast when I don't have tenders in hand. You can do the same.
Heat on a pan on high heat and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Salt and pepper the chicken then pan sear the chicken strips on both sides until they are a little golden brown in color. Remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl.
Then you prepare the sauce. Which I discussed on the top already.
Next add in the cooked pasta. Mix and simmer together for a couple of minutes.
Then add in the chicken, chopped asparagus, and grated parmesan cheese. Give everything a good toss to coat the pasta well. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes. Remove and garnish with some parsley and serve. I love adding more grated parmesan cheese after I serve my dish. I also love spicy food so chili flakes or cayenne pepper is a must for me!
If you don't like chicken, you can always cook the same recipe with Shrimp or Scallops instead. If you want to make this vegetarian just enjoy the dish plan without any proteins. Feel free to loaded it up with more asparagus or use broccoli if you don't like asparagus.
If you try this Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
OTHER PASTA RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 12 oz. fettuccini pasta cooked
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsps. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps. butter
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1.5 cup pasta water preserved from cooked pasta
- 3 tbsps. flour
- Cook pasta al dente (about 6 minutes after water boils)
- Trim and chop asparagus. Set aside
- Dice the onions and mince the garlic.
- Cut chicken tenders into smaller strips of chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet and pan sear the chicken strips until they are golden in color. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add in the second tablespoon of olive oil with 2 tbsps. of butter and caramalize the onion. Then add the minced garlic to saute for another minute.
- Add in the flour and mix well. Then add in the milk, water, spices and salt and whisk the mixture to combine well.
- Simmer the sauce on low heat for 2-4 minutes until it thickens up.
- Add in the drained cooked pasta, mix together to coat well with sauce. Cook on low for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the cooked chicken, parmesan cheese and asparagus. Mix together again to coat everything well. Cover and let them cook on low for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve!