Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Spaghetti is usually a recipe I make when I have a very short time to cook dinner or lunch. It takes less than half an hour to make and the kids love it because it’s simple, and very flavorful.
HOW TO MAKE THE GARLIC PARMESAN SHRIMP SPAGHETTI
I usually start by always cooking the pasta. Cook according to directions. Remove and set it aside leaving them in the pot. Removing them from the water because they end up drying out by the time I get to finish the protein dish.
While the pasta is cooking, in a skillet or pan, melt the butter on medium heat, add the minced garlic and olive oil. Sauté for about a minute and then add in the raw shrimps. I like using raw shrimps because I am not too fund of the cooked ones. With the raw shrimps, it cooks perfectly and stays juicy. Continue to pan sear them, flipping over occasionally for about 5-7 minutes.
Add some fresh black pepper, chopped parsley, salt, paprika and lemon juice. Cooking until they start obtaining a golden color on both sides. Add in the cooked pasta, parmesan cheese and toss everything to cook together for about a minute. Remove and serve. If you prefer, you can also add some chili flakes.
VARIATIONS TO THE GARLIC PARMESAM SHRIMP SPAGHETTI
You can make this dish into a creamy pasta dish by adding in a little bit of heavy cream. You may also use cream cheese instead of heavy cream. This dish can also be made with any kind of pasta.
This Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Spaghetti recipe is a great addition to your weekday dinner collection. If you try and enjoyed this recipe, take a moment to share it and leave a review on the recipe card! XoXo..
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Spaghetti
- 8 oz. spaghetti uncooked
- 1.5 lbs. raw shrimp deveined, peeled, tail off
- ½ tsp. black pepper or more to taste
- ½ tsp. pepper flakes or more, optional
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt or more to paste
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup pasta water preserved from pasta
- 3 tbsps. butter unsalted
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 tbsps. fresh garlic minced, about 4 large cloves
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- More chopped parsley for garnishing
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese for garnishing
- Pepper flakes optional, for garnishing.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Preserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Marinate the shrimp with the lemon juice, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, salt, pepper flakes (optional) .
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Add in the minced garlic. Sauté for 10-15 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the raw shrimp and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned, flipping the pieces of shrimp occasionally to cook on both sides.
- Add in the pasta water and mix to deglaze the pan. Then add in the cooked pasta, grated parmesan cheese and toss together to evenly coat the pasta. Add in the fresh parsley and mix. Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese, pepper flakes (optional) and serve to enjoy.