This Easy Cajun Chicken Mac N’ Cheese is your family’s favorite Mac N’ Cheese recipe with added Cajun Chicken to spice it up and it’s also kid friendly!
We all love Mac N’ Cheese to begin with, especially kids, but having the extra proteins in there is a plus. I prefer using a less spicy version of Cajun seasoning to keep this Easy Cajun Chicken Mac N’ Cheese a kid friendly recipe!
HOW TO MAKE THE CAJUN CHICKEN MAC N’ CHEESE:
I listed in the recipe below how to make the plain Mac N’ Cheese base. I usually cook the pasta and use some Velveeta cheese if I don’t have time to make it from scratch. If you like the flavor very bold, you can add extra Cajun seasoning in the Mac N’ Cheese recipe.
For the chicken, you pan sear them with the Cajun seasoning and add them on top of your cooked Mac N’ Cheese. You top with cheese and bread seasoned crumbs and bake it in the oven.
Don’t forget to use an oven safe skillet or dish to make this delicious and Easy Cajun Chicken Mac N’ Cheese!
A very comforting meal that’s an all time favorite for many families across the world. Made with added chicken that’s full of flavor. You are going to love this recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed or julienned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
Mac N’ Cheese
- 12 oz uncooked pasta shells
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, or any kind of creamy cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter (for the bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (for the topping)
- Marinate the chicken and pan sear them half way through. Set aside.
- Prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a frying pan,melt 2 tbsp of butter then stir in the Panko crumbs and cajun seasoning. Toss around until it’s golden and then remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a heated skillet, melt the butter and add in the flour. Mix well together.
- Add the milk, black pepper, onion powder and salt. Bring to boil while mixing constantly until the sauce thickens up.
- Add the cheese and stir well to obtain a smooth cheesy sauce.
- Stir in the cooked pasta until it’s well coated with the cheese.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add the chicken on top of the mac n cheese. Top with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and cover with the panko crumbs.
- Place in a 350 degrees preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 522
- Sugar: 10.2g
- Sodium: 1275.1g
- Fat: 34.5g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2g
- Protein: 32.4g
Keywords: Canjun Chicken Mac N' Cheese