My Triple Chocolate Avocado Brownies are a perfect combination of a chewy and fudgy brownie. You will have delicious chocolate in every bite, plus the richness imparted from the avocado base to wow your tastebuds. While it may seem an odd combination, I promise these will become a favorite brownie recipe from now on!
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE AVOCADO BROWNIES
The first time I saw someone say they added avocado to brownies, I didn’t understand. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good avocado, but in dessert? It just made no sense, that is, until I tried it for myself! The addition of avocado to this recipe has created the perfect brownie. It is rich in chocolate flavor, has a slightly dense and fudgy texture, but is also a bit chewy. Just like I love my brownies!
HOW DOES AVOCADO MAKE BROWNIES BETTER?
Avocado is a substitute in baking is common because it offers great healthy fats and moisture you need, without the higher calorie count. Yes, avocado does have fat and calories, but they are lower than if you used traditional butter. This is also a great option for anyone that is lactose intolerant, or who prefers to eat dairy-free.
Additionally, avocado is a great source of many vitamins and nutrients. So, when I say eating brownies are healthy, it truly is with this recipe!
CAN I USE DIFFERENT CHOCOLATE IN THIS?
If you prefer to use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, feel free to do so. I find that the dark chocolate works best with avocado, but all are amazing options that offer delicious flavor. Depending on your preference, you could even substitute in butterscotch, caramel, peanut butter, or even peppermint chips instead of the white chocolate in this recipe.
CAN I ADD NUTS TO MY AVOCADO BROWNIES?
If there are no concerns about nut allergies, feel free to mix in some chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter, or simply drop a few on top before baking. They add a nice crunch and pair well with the rich chocolate brownie batter. Plus, since you have cut the calories by using avocado instead of butter in this recipe, you can afford the added calories from the nuts.
ARE THESE BROWNIES GLUTEN FREE?
As listed, these are naturally gluten-free. I do always recommend that you check all ingredients just to make sure they are processed in a gluten-free facility for safety. The chocolate, vanilla, and cocoa powder should be checked, just in case of cross-contamination.
- Dark Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Almond Flour
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE AVOCADO BROWNIES
Begin by preparing your baking pan with parchment paper and preheating your oven as directed.
Next, you will put your dark chocolate (chopped not chips) into a microwave-safe bowl then heat in 30-second increments on medium heat in the microwave. Heat until just melted and stir between to make sure it does not burn.
Once the chocolate is melted, you will add it to a large mixing bowl along with your avocado, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix this until well-combined, then add in eggs and mix well.
Next, you will add in the almond flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until just combined, then fold in your chocolate chips.
Pour into the baking pan and cook as directed. Make sure to not overbake as this will dry out the brownie.
MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- CHOCOLATE LAZY CAKE
- ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- NUTELLA SWIRL BANANA MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
Triple Chocolate Avocado BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
- 3 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 2 ripe avocados pitted and skinned
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, melt chopped dark chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir in between increments until melted.
- In a large bowl, beat avocado, sugar, melted chocolate and vanilla together with an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and salt to the bowl. Beat until well-combined.
- Fold in dark and white chocolate chips.
- Add batter to the lined pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until set. Make sure you do not over bake or the brownies will come out too dry.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.