These chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are the perfect breakfast treat for busy mornings. Enjoy this easy muffin recipe all year long.
WHAT ARE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS?
Fall baking cannot be complete without baking pumpkin recipes. Every year, I bake these delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins that are super kid-friendly. My kids absolutely love them!
These make the perfect breakfast or after-school snack. They are sweet and wholesome muffins with the delightful surprise of milk chocolate chips.
WHY WE LOVE THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS
We love them because there's just nothing better than a homemade muffin on brisk mornings. I enjoy a muffin with my coffee and my kids love eating them before school.
I also really love how healthy they are. Pumpkin is an amazing source of vitamin A and antioxidants. In fact, studies show these antioxidants can help protect your eyes and skin from sun damage.
HOW TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS
If you can make muffins from a boxed mix, then you can make this easy muffins recipe too. Here's just how to do it.
Here is what you'll need from the store to make these muffins.
Flour: I used all-purpose flour. If you have a gluten-free diet, you can use any gluten-free flour of your choice. It will work just as well.
Butter: Unsalted, pure butter works best for these muffins. In a pinch, margarine can be substituted.
Baking Powder: Cream of tarter is a common substitute if you run out of baking powder
Pumpkin Spice: You can make your own with cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. This recipe is perfect.
Cinnamon: I added a little extra cinnamon, but you can omit this if you think it doesn't need it.
Eggs: I have heard that unsweetened applesauce can be used instead of eggs, but I didn't try it. I prefer to just use eggs.
Plain Yogurt: I used regular yogurt, although greek yogurt can work too. Just don't use a flavored kind.
Pumpkin Puree: While you can make your own, it's easier to just use the canned puree.
Sugar: Use granulated sugar. If you are trying to eat fewer calories, you can use erythritol instead.
Vanilla Extract: This adds a rich flavor depth.
Salt: Salt brings out the flavors of all of the ingredients.
Chocolate Chips: I used mini chocolate chips. You can use any type of chocolate chips that you enjoy. Try dark chocolate chips for a richer flavor.
Start by whipping up the eggs and sugar to obtain a nice fluffy texture. Then add all the wet ingredients and mix very well. Fold in the chocolate chips and combine everything well until well incorporated.
Place into the muffin pan and top with more chocolate chips to finish off the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.
Bake them in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffin recipe is super easy to prepare and very kid-friendly. They are moist and soft, making it freezer friendly if you store them in an airtight container. Add this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffin recipe to your recipe list this weekend!
Did you try this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins recipe and just love it?! Please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM |PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE PUMPKIN AND CHOCOLATE RECIPES
If you enjoyed this easy muffins recipe, then you will love these other chocolate and pumpkin recipes too.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup mini chocolate chips ( ½ cup is for topping the muffins
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar with an electric cake mixer until you obtain a smooth and fluffy texture.
- Add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, yogurt, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice and mix well for approximately 30 seconds until everything is well combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and mix for another 30-45 seconds on medium-high speed.
- Remove and fold in 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin pan liners with the finished batter (usually a full ice cream scoop should do it, unless you have bigger muffin pan) and top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake muffins on 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until you insert a tooth pick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you don’t have any pre made pumpkin pie spice to hand, you can use cinnamon with a pinch of ground ginger and nutmeg mixed in.
- These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are great with either semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- Top the muffins with more chocolate chips before you put them in oven to make them extra special!
- You can either use paper muffin liners, or just spray the muffin tin with cooking spray before pouring in the batter.
- These pretty Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins can be packaged in boxes to give to friends, family and teachers for a thoughtful and delicious treat!