These Pumpkin Pancake Bites are a super fun and kid-friendly breakfast idea. They are great for at home breakfast and very portable for packing breakfast to go.
The recipe for the Pumpkin Pancake Bites is super easy. It’s based on a regular pancake recipe with a couple of added ingredients like pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. It’s takes about 5 minutes to whip the batter up and a few more minutes to cook it. I used a donut hole pan to make these Pumpkin Pancake Bites, but if you don’t have them available you can always just make mini pancakes instead.
You can freeze these Pumpkin Pancake Bites and thaw them when you need to serve them for a quick and easy breakfast on school days. If you have younger kiddos and need them to be a smaller bite sized pancake, you can totally put just a little batter and make mini bites instead.
I also dipped the Pumpkin Pancake Bites in some cinnamon sugar because my kids love everything with cinnamon sugar. They are a huge fan of cinnamon sugar pretzel bites so I wanted to make them just as yummy. You can drizzle some maple or pancakes syrup on the Pumpkin Pancakes Bites if you are on the go or if you are at home, just dip and eat them to keep the pancake bites from getting soggy. Sometimes my kids watch TV while eating and take forever to eat their food. I noticed they ate better when they dipped them than when they get soggy. Supposedly it’s more fun for them I guess to dip the pancakes! As long as they eat it all, either way works for me! 😀
Please take a moment to pin and share this recipe with friends and family! Thank you!Print
Super easy kid friendly fall breakfast idea your kids will love!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin pure
- 2 eggs
- Oil spray (for the pan)
- Cinnamon Sugar (optional)
- In a mix bowl, whip up the eggs and sugar until you obtain a nice fluffy texture. Add in the oil, vanilla extract, milk, pumpkin pure and mix well with a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredient together and then pour over the web ingredients.
- Heat up and donut hole pan and spray with oil spray.
- Place a full tablespoon of batter into each hole and cook for about a minute on medium high heat and then turn over for the other side to use. I used a wooden skewer to turn the pancake bites over. Cook for another minute at least and remove from heat. Try one and make sure they are fully cooked first before removing the rest. Sometimes it may need an extra half a minute or so of cooking.
- Once you remove them, place the bites directly into a bowl containing the cinnamon sugar mix. You can op out on this option if your kids don’t like it or you want to minimize the sugar intake.
- Serve with pancake or maple syrup.
Nutritional info does not include pancake or maple syrup neither does in include the cinnamon sugar macro. These are all based on individual preferences.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 41.5mg
- Fat: 15.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 38.6g
- Protein: 6.7g
Keywords: Pumpkin Pancake Bites