Looking for an easy fall breakfast idea this weekend? This Pumpkin Waffles recipe will a great addition to your breakfast menu. October might be over, but that doesn’t mean the delicious pumpkin recipes are over too.
HOW TO MAKE THESE PUMPKIN WAFFLES:
These waffles are made from scratch. Nothing fancy, I made these waffles just like I would make a regular waffle but I added some pumpkin purée and pumpkin spice to the mixture. I mixed all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then mixed everything back together to obtain a smooth batter.
You will seriously love the flavors and texture of these waffles. They are super crispy on the outside and I also made a delicious candied walnut cinnamon apple mixture to go on top. The delicious flavors of cinnamon apple and candied walnut topped with maple syrup, adds an explosion of flavors to the Pumpkin Waffles.
WANT MORE PUMPKIN BREAKFAST IDEAS?
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbps pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin purée1 tbsp vanilla extract
CINNAMON APPLE CANDIED WALNUTS TOPPING:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 fugi apple sliced
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients well then pour over the wet ingredients.
- Whisk very well until you obtain a smooth batter.
- Spray the waffle maker and pour in enough batter based on your waffle maker instructions.
- Remove and serve the cinnamon apple over it. Add enough maple syrup based on your preference.
To make the topping:
- Melt the butter in a pan and then add the brown sugar and mix to combine well. Add the apple slices, cinnamon and cook them together until apples are soft. Add in the candied walnuts and toss everything together well. Serve on top of the waffles.