This Cinnamon Swirl French Toast is to all my French toast lovers! It's so delicious, it's like eating dessert. It's a combination of cinnamon swirl bread and French toast at the same time and the result is amazing!
WHAT BREAD TO USE FOR THE CINNAMON SWIRL FRENCH TOAST:
So for all my French toast recipes, I love using brioche toast bread. I always find a really good kind at Sprouts but you can buy yours at any local market or bakery. Be sure to buy a thicker cut of bread if you are buying them pre-cut.
HOW TO MAKE THE CINNAMON SWIRL FRENCH TOAST:
Place a piece of bread on a cutting board and using a table knife, make a swirl incision in the toast to form a pocket. Drizzle the cinnamon sugar mixture into the swirl you cut and let them sink through by letting it rest for about 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the egg wash and pre-heat your pancake griddle or pan.
Spray or butter the griddle. Dip the toast into the egg wash on both sides and them place on the griddle to cook. Sear both sides for 3-4 minutes on medium heat or until the toast forms a nice golden color on the outside. Remove and serve with your favorite syrup and fresh fruits. I did not use any pancake or maple syrup for this recipe but I did made a sugar glaze using confectioner sugar and drizzled some on top. It tasted even better than a Cinnabon Roll!
I hope you enjoy this super yummy Cinnamon Swirl French Toast recipe! Whether you have it for breakfast or dessert sometime soon, I am sure you will love it and it will fulfill your sweet tooth cravings! Be sure to save and share this recipe, and do not forget to tag me on my INSTAGRAM so I can see your delicious recreation!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Healthy Banana Oats Muffin
- Strawberry Nutella French Toasts
- Easy Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Pain Aux Raisins
Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
- 1 loaf Brioche loaf thick cut
- 1 tbsp. butter or non stick spray
- Fresh berries
- Syrup of choice
- 3 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
CINNAMON SUGAR PASTE:
- 3 tbsps. melted butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsps. granulated or light brown sugar
SUGAR GLAZE (OPTIONAL):
- 3/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 2 tbsps. milk
- couple drops of vanilla extract
- Place pieces of toast onto a cutting board. Make a swirl incision with a table knife in the middle of the bread.
- Drizzle the cinnamon mixture onto the incisions and let it rest for 3-5 minutes, allowing the incision to such in the mixture.
- Prepare the egg wash and warm up the griddle or pan. Spray or rub on some butter to the surface. Dip the toast bread into the egg wash on both sides and then place to cook on the griddle.
- Cook both sides for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until the surface is gold in color or until fully cooked.
- Remove and serve with syrup of your choice and fresh fruits.