This Spicy Sriracha Chicken recipe is a healthy protein packed recipe and it is super easy to make. With very few ingredients, the flavors come together to form a very tasty marinade.
HOW TO MAKE THE SPICY SRIRACHA CHICKEN:
You can use any part of the chicken you prefer for this recipe. It works well with chicken thighs (which I love), it works well with chicken tenders or whole breasts and even a delicious marinade for chicken wings.
Here I have some skinless chicken thighs, which I trimmed off the extra fatty tissues. You can use skinned chicken thighs if you want too, which preserves the chicken on the outside. I just had the skinless ones in hand. After trimming the chicken, prepare the marinade with all the marinade ingredients. You can give it about 30 minutes to marinate if you have the time, it helps give the chicken more flavor.
HOW TO PREPARE THE SPICY SRIRACHA CHICKEN:
The way I prepared mine was both pan searing and baking. Drizzle some olive oil on a skillet and then pan sear the chicken on each side for 5 minutes until you get a golden crusty color. Only place the chicken pieces in the skillet, preserve the extra marinade sauce to add to the chicken 5 minutes before it fully cooks. After pan searing the chicken, bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. If you prefer to only cook on the stove, pan sear the chicken on each side for about 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your thighs or check to make sure the chicken is fully cooked. Do not forget to pour over the extra marinade sauce 5 minutes before the cook time ends.
Remove from heat and serve! I love serving these with a side of French fries and veggies. They also taste really good with mashed potatoes or cut up and served with salads. I hope you try and enjoy it and leave a rating below on my recipe card if you like it! Be sure to follow me on INSTAGRAM and tag me with you delicious recreations! You can also follow me on my PINTEREST, where you can pin and save all the recipes I have as well as other food ideas from my boards! Xoxo...
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Spicy Sriracha Chicken
- 8 pieces of chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 3 tbsps. sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup. cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the chicken thighs from all excess fats.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and then add in the chicken to marinate for about 30 minutes if time permits.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of live oil in a large skillet and then pan sear the chicken on each side for 5 minutes. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Save the extra marinade and pour over the chicken 5 minutes before you finish cooking them.
- If you are using only the stove to cook the chicken, continue to pan sear the chicken on both sides, flipping ocassionaly and cook until full cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat/oven and cover to let it sit for 3-5 minutes until it cools down a little.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Make sure to trim the chicken thighs from all excess fats.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Be sure to save the extra marinade and pour over the chicken 5 minutes before you finish cooking them.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Opt for freshly squeezed lemon juice, you can really taste the tangy difference!
- If you are only using the stove to cook the chicken, continue to pan sear the chicken on both sides, flipping occasionally and cook until full cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Chicken is cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165˚F on an instant read thermometer.
- Allow to cool down slightly before serving, this allows the juices to redistribute evenly throughout the chicken, making it super succulent.