Let me tell you that this Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken recipe is going to be one of your new favorite stuffed chicken recipe. It's stuffed with a bruschetta filling, which is basically the same bruschetta recipe I make all the time as an appetizer. It's super delish and has one extra ingredient in it to make it so flavorful, dried cranberries.
HOW TO MAKE THE BRUSCHETTA STUFFED CHICKEN:
The main ingredient for this recipe is the actual stuffing. I always start by preparing the bruschetta salad like I always prepare it as an appetizer dish. In the bowl, I have some feta cheese, finely chopped cherry tomatoes, finely chopped purple onions, green onions, dried cranberries and chopped fresh basil. Add in the dressing, which consists or some fresh ground black pepper, dried basil, olive oil, tiny squeeze of lemon juice, salt, balsamic vinegar, and concentrated balsamic vinegar (gives it a sweetness).
ASSEMBLING THE BRUSCHETTA STUFFED CHICKEN:
After preparing the stuffing, butterfly the chicken breasts (try buying smaller sizes of chicken breasts for this recipe) and marinate them with some black pepper, paprika, salt, onion and garlic powder. Add some feta cheese to the base, then the bruschetta stuffing, a little bit more of feta cheese and some freshly chopped basil leaves. Close you the chicken, repeat the first process of chicken marinate once again on the outside (black pepper, paprika, salt, onion and garlic powder). Brush with some olive oil. Secure sides with a toothpick.
Heat a cast iron skillet, or oven proof skillet, and add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Pan sear the chicken breasts on each side for about 5-7 minutes, until they start showing a nice golden crust color on the outside. Transfer the dish to cook in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes to cool down before serving.
You will absolutely love this Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken recipe! It's so flavorful and makes a great chicken breast recipe. I am not a fan of chicken breasts but whenever I used great stuffing with it, it changes things tremendously. I hope you enjoy it and would love to see your delicious recreations so be sure to tag me on my INSTAGRAM. Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving me a comment and rating on my recipe card below! Xoxo...
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. onion powder
- 2 tsps. garlic powder
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
FOR THE STUFFING:
- 3 tbsps. freshly chopped basil 1 tbsp. for bruschetta, 2 for layering in stuffing
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped green onions
- 2 tbsps. finely chopped purple onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries.
- 1 cup feta cheese 1/2 for bruschetta and 1/2 for layering in stuffing
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsps. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar glaze
- Chop and mix all the stuffing ingredients together.
- Slice the chicken breast on the side to butterfly it without detaching the two pieces. (see photo).
- Marinate the chicken with some salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and paprika. Place a little bit of feta cheese and top with the bruschetta filling. Add more feta cheese and top with some fresh basil. Close the chicken breast and marinate once more with ingredients you marinated the chicken with at first.
- Secure with toothpicks and brush or spray with some olive oil. Pan sear the chicken breasts in a preheated oven safe skillet with olive oil for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cover with aluminum foil to rest for 5 minutes before serving.