HOW TO MAKE THE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WINGS
In a bowl, prepare the batter dip. Cut your cauliflower pieces lose, however you want. I try to keep the whole top part in tact and cut them by the stem. If a piece is too big, you can then cut into half. You don’t want them to be too big. Keep pieces as close to the same size as possible so they all cook evenly.
In a sheet pan, place a parchment paper and line the cauliflowers, leaving space between them. The cauliflower batter sauce sometimes drips down to the bottom and you don’t want the pieces getting stuck to each other. Preheat the oven and bake them for 20 minutes.
Remove and let them cool down for about a minute or two. In another bowl mix together the honey and buffalo sauce. Place the cauliflowers into the bowl and toss to coat them well. Line them again on a sheet pan with parchment paper and bake again for another 20 minutes until they start to obtain a nice golden brown color. Serve with side of celery sticks and ranch.
WHY ADD HONEY TO THE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WINGS
Why? Well we have to think of our kids too right? My kids don’t eat super spicy food, so I added honey. But it’s totally optional. If you are not worried about the heat, go ahead and skip the honey and don’t worry about the extra carbs that comes with that.
THINGS TO PAIR THE CAULIFLOWER WINGS WITH
I like pairing them with celery and carrots sometimes on a platter when I serve them since both go well together with a ranch dip. You can use any dip you like. Some use blue cheese dip, which I am not a fan of, some prepare a spicy sriracha mayo sauce to go with it. It’s all up to your preference.
I hope you enjoy them and as always, tag me on my INSTAGRAM when you remake these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings! Please leave a rating and comment and let me know what you think of them! Don’t forget to share it as well! Xoxo…
RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 2 cauliflowers
- Celery Sticks optional
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tbsps. corn starch
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray
- 3 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Peel off cauliflower leaves and cut to separate the cauliflower florets to get them into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the batter ingredients together.
- Dip pieces of cauliflower florets in the batter piece by piece or place the cauliflower in the batter bowl and toss to coat pieces evenly. I personally like dipping them, making sure the whole piece is well coated.
- Place pieces of the cauliflower on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 400 degrees preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the wing sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Once you remove the cauliflowers from the oven, place in the sauce bowl and toss to coat all the cauliflower pieces evenly.
- Return the cauliflower again to the sheet pan and bake for another 15-20 minutes, turning them over half way, cooking them until the cauliflowers start to obtain a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with celery sticks and ranch. You can use any dip you prefer.