I am in love with how simple this Cilantro Chicken with Lemon is to make. A simple sheet pan meal loaded with crispy carrots, tender potatoes, and flavorful moist pieces of chicken makes an ideal weeknight meal!
CILANTRO CHICKEN WITH LEMON
This Cilantro Lemon Chicken is one of my favorite sheet pan recipes for weeknight dinners. It’s full of delicious flavors, healthy and super easy to make. I also love that this is a recipe I can use both chicken breasts and chicken thighs in so everyone at the table has what they prefer without adding to my work.
This is a healthier option for dinner and definitely adds amazing flavor to simple ingredients. I love knowing I can add a bright and fresh flavor to our meal plan! Plus, the leftovers are amazing the next day!
WHAT ARE THE BEST VEGETABLES TO ADD TO THIS SHEET PAN MEAL?
I added potatoes and carrots to mine as those were a great combination with the cilantro and lime flavor. You can use any number of vegetables for my cilantro chicken as you prefer. If you are following a diet plan with lower carbohydrates, you could also skip the potatoes altogether and use a different option. Some of my favorites are below.
- Sweet potatoes
- Bell peppers
DO I HAVE TO USE FRESH LEMON?
I much prefer fresh lemons when cooking, but I know that it can be tough to find them at times. If you don't have a fresh lemon on hand, you can use bottled lemon juice. When using bottled juice, you would calculate it to 2 tablespoons of bottled juice per 1 lemon listed in the recipe.
CAN I MARINADE THE CILANTRO CHICKEN AHEAD OF TIME?
For this recipe, since it is so high in lemon juice, the best result is to marinade no longer than two hours prior to cooking. A longer marinade time can break down the tissues of the chicken and make for an unpleasant texture once cooked. In this instance, a long marinade time will not be a good choice for better flavor in a meal.
CAN THIS BE A FREEZER MEAL?
I love making freezer meals ahead of time, and for this recipe believe it could be a freezer meal if you are able to freeze with the lemon juice separate from the meat until right before you decide to bake the meal. You can easily put all of the ingredients into a large freezer storage bag except for the lemon juice. Leave that out until the day you cook the chicken, or simply pour into a separate bag to freeze outside the cilantro chicken.
- Olive oil
- Garlic & Rosemary seasoning (or both separately)
- Carrot chips
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO CHICKEN WITH LEMON
For this recipe, you will mix the marinade together in a bowl then pour over the chicken. You can cover the chicken and put back into the refrigerator for up to 2 hours, or go ahead and begin cooking within 15 minutes. This is up to you.
Heat olive oil in a skillet and pan sear the chicken on both sides until just browned, this is only to seal in moisture and add color, it is not to fully cook the meat.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and arrange on a sheet pan.
Add carrot chips and potatoes or other vegetables on the sheet pan with the chicken and drizzle any remaining marinade over the top.
Bake at 400ºF for one hour or until vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through and at a safe temperature.
If you try this Cilantro Chicken recipe and enjoyed it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
Chicken is a go-to protein in our home. The result is I have shared a ton of incredible recipes with you that feature this favorite option. Check out some of the best ones below and add them to your meal plan this week!
- Spicy Cashew Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Cheesy Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken
- Creamy One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
Cilantro Lemon Chicken
- 10-12 Pieces of boneless chicken breasts and thighs with skin about 3 lbs
- 4 Lemons squeezed
- 1 Bunch of cilantro chopped
- Handful of garlic minced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Carrot chips sticks or baby carrots work
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Rosemary and Garlic Seasoning
- Olive oil spray
- 1.5 lbs small red potatoes quatered
- In a bowl mix together the lemon juice, chopped cilantro, salt, rosemary and garlic seasoning, 1/4 cup of olive oil and garlic.
- Pour marinade on chicken so that they are all well coated (you can marinate ahead or just the time of).
- In a skillet, heat some olive oil and pan sear the chicken on each side to give it a golden color. Place chicken on a sheet pan and add the potatoes and carrots around the chicken.
- Pour the extra marinade leftover on top of the chicken and potatoes so everything gets evenly marinated. Spray with olive oil and bake in the oven on 400 degrees for 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!