This Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob recipe is healthy, low carb, high in protein and great for daily meal prep. Make something new and different for dinner with this grilled recipe.
Does your mouth water just hearing the word “Habanero”? OMG well mine does when I think of how spicy it is and I LOVE spicy foods. This Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob recipe is low carb and high in protein. If you meal prep with low cab recipes, you have to add this to your meal prep menu.
Spicy Mango Habenero Chicken Kabobs
Who knew that sweet mango paired so well with spicy habanero peppers? Well, let me tell you, it's pure perfection. After making them one time you will want to make them again!
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE HABANERO CHICKEN KABOBS
It’s easily assembled using simple ingredients. You can use any kind of veggies to place in between the chicken. I used colorful peppers and purple onions. You can custom it to your preference.
If you are on a low carb diet, you can add healthy veggies like Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Mushrooms, and Eggplants.
Summer is over but that doesn’t mean grilling is over right? You can grill these Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabobs outside on a grill, which I prefer if the weather is nice, or use an indoor grill. I use an old indoor De' Longhi grill but you can use any kind of indoor grills you like. T-fal has some good grills and I have seen a couple of good ones at Walmart.
A quick suggestion, if you use the oven to bake them, place the tray on the second bottom rack and broil instead of baking.
Please note that this recipe is very spicy! If you have kids that don’t eat spicy food, you might want to prep something else for them that day. Here is a delicious One Pot Whole Wheat Mac N' Cheese recipe they may like.
If you try this Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
More Spicy Recipes
Do you love foods with a bit of kick? Me too! Here are some more mouth-watering spicy recipes you can try next!
- Sriracha Garlic Shrimp Sheet Pan
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
- Spicy Teriyaki Chicken with Broccoli
Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob
- 2 lbs chicken tenders cubed
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 green bell pepper cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper cubed
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium purple onion cubed
- 2 tbsp Mango Habanero Seasoning Available at Walmart, Target, Amazon, grocery stores in the US
- Cut the chicken tenders and vegetables into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredient together and add in the chicken cubes to marinate.
- Assemble the skewers by adding one piece of chicken and veggie at a time.
- Grill and enjoy.
- Use a preheated grill.
- Feel free to customize your veggies, remember harder veggies can take longer to grill.
- Make sure to cut your chicken and veggies into even, bite sized pieces.
- You can use frozen chicken, just make sure to thaw thoroughly.
- As you'll be grilling on a high heat, use oils with with a higher smoke point. Avoid extra virgin olive oil.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 mins. Or invest in some metal skewers.
- If cooking on a broiler, coat a sheet pan with cooking spray then place the skewers in a single layer on the sheet pan, turning halfway through.
- Marinate in advance if you have time to make the chicken juicier and more tender