This Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob recipe is healthy, low carb, high in protein and great for daily meal prep.
Does your mouth water just hearing the word “Habanero”? OMG well mine does when I think of how spicy it is and I LOVE spicy foods. This Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob recipe is low carb and high in protein. If you meal prep with low cab recipes, you have to add this to your meal prep menu.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE CHICKEN KABOBS:
It’s easily assembled using simple ingredients. You can use any kind of veggies to place in between the chicken. I used colorful peppers and purple onions. You can custom it to your preference. If you are on a low carb diet, you can add healthy veggies like Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Mushrooms and Eggplants.
Summer is over but that doesn’t mean grilling is over right? You can grill these Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabobs outside on a grill, which I prefer if the weather is nice, or use an indoor grill. I use an old indoor De’ Longhi grill but you can use any kind of indoor grills you like. T-fal has some good grills and I have seen a couple of good ones at Walmart.
A quick suggestion, if you use the oven to bake them, place the tray on the second bottom rack and broil instead of baking.
Please note that this recipe is very spicy! If you have kids that don’t eat spicy food, you might want to prep something else for them that day. Here is a delicious One Pot Whole Wheat Mac N’ Cheese recipe they may like.
Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob
- 2 lbs chicken tenders cubed
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 green bell pepper cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper cubed
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium purple onion cubed
- 2 tbsp Mango Habanero Seasoning Available at Walmart, Target, Amazon, grocery stores in the US
- Cut the chicken tenders and vegetables into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredient together and add in the chicken cubes to marinate.
- Assemble the skewers by adding one piece of chicken and veggie at a time.
- Grill and enjoy.