These Homemade M&M Cookies, or as I like to call them Santa’s M&M Cookies, are perfect for the holiday season. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and full of M&M’s, you’ll want to make them year round.
It’s the season for all the delicious holiday baking and this Santa’s M&M Cookies recipe is a perfect recipe for your family and a gift treat idea you can place in cookie boxes and treat bags for your holiday get togethers.
What I also like about this recipe is it’s perfect to make a cookie gift jar with it. Just stack the dry ingredient in a mason jar or any other jar and decorate it. Add a tag or sticker on how to make the cookies and that’s it! Super simple.
Why These M&M Cookies Are The Best
- They’re so good. Nothing beats a homemade cookie. We love how amazing the house means when we pull these M&M cookies out of the oven to cool.
- Perfect for parties. They are so cute and they brighten up any holiday spread!
- They’re Santa’s favorite cookies. They’re obviously Santa’s favorite cookies. Get your kids involved in baking these to leave out on Christmas eve!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- All purpose flour
- Butter — bring it to room temperature
- White sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Egg — bring it to room temperature
- Baking powder
- Milk chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Mint M&M Holiday Chocolate
How to Make Santa M&M Cookies
- Prepare the oven and sheet pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet.
- Cream the butter. Meanwhile, in a bowl or cake mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until they are well incorporated.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the flour, salt and baking powder gradually.
- Combine with the wet ingredients. Mix until you have a sticky dough. Remove and add the chocolate chips and ⅔ of the M&M chocolate and everything together well with your hands or spatula.
- Bake the cookies. With an ice cream scoop, divide the dough into 12 pieces and place on a cookie sheet. Add some pieces of M&Ms and chocolate chips on the top before baking. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cookies look almost golden. Do not over bake or you will end up with hard cookies.
- Let cool and enjoy. Remove and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes. You can enjoy them warm if you like soft hot cookies or save them in a can or tupperware for later on.
- Your butter needs to be softened to room temperature in order to cream it with the sugar.
- Be sure to fold the M&Ms into the dough at the end as you don’t want the mixer to break any of the M&Ms.
- Pressing some M&Ms on top of the cookie dough balls before baking makes sure the M&Ms are visible after baking.
These cookies freeze great! Place the baked M&M cookies in a freezer friendly bag or container for up to 3 months. Thaw the cookies and bring it to room temperature before serving.
This recipe makes 12 cookies, but you can easily double the ingredients to make 24 cookies, which is great if you’re planning on having extras for the freezer or gift cookie boxes!
You can store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 4 or 5 days.
You can totally change up these holiday cookies! The milk chocolate chips can be changed for other chips such as white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, caramel chips, etc. You can also add some chopped nuts on top if you’ve got on hand as well.
You May Also Love These Desserts
I hope you enjoy all the recipes I share with you, including this delicious Santa M&M Cookies recipe. I hope you try it, enjoy it, rate it and share it with your friends and family!
If you try this recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK |INSTAGRAM |PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
Santa’s M&M Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter soft, room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mint M&M Holiday Chocolate save 1/3 cup to top the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl or cake mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until they are well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually: flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix until you have a sticky dough. Remove and add the chocolate chips and 2/3 of the M&M chocolate and everything together well with your hands or spatula.
- With an ice cream scoop, divid the dough into 12 pieces and place on a cookie sheet. Add some pieces of M&Ms and Chocolate chips on the top before baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes on 350 degrees or until the cookies look almost golden. Do not over bake or you will end up with hard cookies.
- Remove and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes. You can enjoy them warm if you like soft hot cookies or save them in a can or taper ware for later on.