It's the season for all the delicious holiday baking and this Santa's M&M Cookies recipe is a perfect recipe for your family and a gift treat idea you can place in cookies boxes and treat bags for your holiday get togethers. What I also like about this recipe is it's perfect to make a cookie gift jar with it. Just stack the dry ingredient in a mason jar or any other jar and decorate it. Add a tag or sticker on how to make the cookies and that's it! Super simple.
HOW TO MAKE SANTA'S M&M COOKIES:
These Santa's M&M Cookies are made with delicious holiday M&Ms. I used the Holiday Mint Milk Chocolate flavor and they are so delicious :D. I love minty chocolates and these were perfect. In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand, beat the sugar and butter until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla, eggs and beat for a few minutes. I then add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until the dough holds up together nicely. You can always keep some flour aside in case your consistency is too sticky. The butter should be at room temperature and not melted in the microwave so you don't end up with a loose, sticky dough. Add the M&Ms and Mini Chocolate Chips to the batter and hand mix the dough to incorporate them evenly. I usually add 2/3 of the amount of the M&M Chocolates and save 1/3 for topping the cookies.
In a sheet pan, place a parchment paper and make the cookie dough into a ball shape. Use an ice-cream scoop to measure each ball. It usually gives a perfect cookie size. Place them 2 inches apart and bake them in a 350 degrees preheated oven for 12 minutes or until the cookies obtain a tiny hint of light brown color.
Let the cookies cool down then store in an air tight container to keep them soft and fresh. These cookies can be stored for a few days. You can also freeze them and thaw when you are ready to eat them. I personally only like eating fresh made cookies while they are still warm or made the same day. I love enjoying the softness of the cookies and melted chocolate chips.
I think you will love these Santa's M&M Cookies and they will make a perfect holiday treat for your family, friends and any other use. Bake a batch and take them to work for holiday parties. Please tag me or DM me on INSTAGRAM so I can repost your delicious recreations on my stories. Sharing this recipe is greatly appreciated. Happy baking! XOXO
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter soft, room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mint M&M Holiday Chocolate save 1/3 cup to top the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl or cake mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until they are well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually: flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix until you have a sticky dough. Remove and add the chocolate chips and 2/3 of the M&M chocolate and everything together well with your hands or spatula.
- With an ice cream scoop, divid the dough into 12 pieces and place on a cookie sheet. Add some pieces of M&Ms and Chocolate chips on the top before baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes on 350 degrees or until the cookies look almost golden. Do not over bake or you will end up with hard cookies.
- Remove and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes. You can enjoy them warm if you like soft hot cookies or save them in a can or taper ware for later on.