Make this Crispy Honey Sriracha Shrimp Stir Fry for dinner in just a few minute’s time! Every bite is packed with the sweet honey and spicy sriracha sauce that makes this stir fry unique. I love mixing in my favorite vegetables to help cut the heat and add a bit of texture to the tasty dish.
HONEY SRIRACHA SHRIMP STIR FRY
This recipe combines two of my favorite foods. Sriracha sauce and shrimp! Don’t fear! This one is not overly spicy. It has just enough heat to awaken your tastebuds without making you reach for a glass of water right away. I added in some tender broccoli florets and strips of red bell pepper as they complement this sauce really well.
The shrimp are coated lightly in a bit of bread and spices to allow for a crispy texture once stir-fried. This, topped with the perfect sauce, is an ideal option to serve over your favorite rice or even pasta if preferred.
WHAT VEGETABLES SHOULD I USE IN THIS STIR FRY?
I chose to add in broccoli and red bell pepper as I feel they suit the sauce flavors the best. You can, of course, truly use any vegetable you want in a stir fry. The idea is to add healthy vegetables to your menu with ease. I often grab what I know is on sale to add to stir fry recipes. You can use what your family prefers. Below are some other great options to mix into any stir fry recipe.
- Cauliflower florets
- Sliced mushrooms
- Onion chunks or slices
- Pieces of zucchini or squash
- Baby corn pieces
- Water chestnuts
- Snap Peas
DO I HAVE TO COOK HONEY SRIRACHA SHRIMP IN A WOK?
No, you do not have to use a wok to create this recipe. A wok is a favored option for stir fry as it allows you to move the vegetables and protein around easily without fear of them falling out the side of the pan. I love using my wok for all kinds of recipes, not just for stir fry. In fact, it has become one of my most used pans in the kitchen.
Invest in a quality Wok that is nonstick and you will find yourself reaching for it on a regular basis instead of your other skillets for cooking.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY HONEY SRIRACHA SHRIMP WITH STIR FRY VEGGIES
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card farther down in the post. But first, here are some helpful tips!
#1 Clean and Devein the Shrimp
Begin by cleaning and making sure your shrimp are deveined. Once they are clean, you will pat dry with a paper towel. If you don’t know how to do this, Pups With Chopsticks has a really easy hack, you just need a toothpick!
#2 Coat the Shrimp
Place the shrimp in a small bowl with salt, pepper, and flour to toss and coat. You can also use a plastic bag to cut down on dishes.
#3 Fry the Shrimp
Heat coconut oil in your skillet, and cook the shrimp until golden brown and crispy. This takes just a few minutes.
Remove the shrimp and set them aside to drain.
#4 Prepare the Sauce
Next, you will mix together the sauce and set it aside.
#5 Fry It All Together
Heat oil in the wok, and add your stir fry vegetables once it is hot. Stir the vegetables for about 2-3 minutes before adding in the sauce. Cook for another few minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Mix in the shrimp and cook for another 1-2 minutes to coat your shrimp in sauce.
Serve with rice or noodles.
If you try this Crispy Honey Sriracha Stir Fry recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE SPICY RECIPES
If you love the heat in this spicy honey sriracha shrimp, then I know you’ll love the recipes below. Mixing in a bit of extra heat in regular recipes is a great way to add new flavor to an otherwise boring recipe. The recipes below are some of my favorites!
- Spicy Salmon Salad
- Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Kabob
- Easy Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Spicy Orange Chicken and Snap Pea Bowls
- Spicy Sriracha Chicken
- Sheet Pan Meal with Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Crispy Honey Sriracha Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
- 3/4 lb raw shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp hoison sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds Garnishing
- Gently pat dry the cleaned shrimp.
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper and flour. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil. Once hot, cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients for sauce.
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir fry vegetables once the pan is hot. After 2 minutes, add in sauce. Cook until the sauce is reduced and thickened, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and cook briefly to coat shrimp in sauce. Once shrimp is warmed through, remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Make sure yo have all your ingredients prepped before firing up the skillet, things move fast!
- If you are unsure how to clean and devein shrimp, Pups With Chopsticks has a really easy hack, you just need a toothpick!
- If you want to save on washing up, coat your shrimp using a ziplock bag!
- Cut your veggies into similar sized shapes, so they cook evenly.
- Air fry or bake shrimps to make this dish healthier.
- Top with sesame seeds, green onions, cilantro