This Cilantro Lime Shrimp is a quick and healthy meal you can make at anytime. It’s a high protein meal and can be served with any side you prefer.
Here I have the Cilantro Lime Shrimp served with couscous, avocados and broccoli florets. If you want to have a low cab meal, you can omit the couscous and serve it with just veggies or healthier carb options like quinoa, sweet potatoes or brown rice. I like having couscous sometimes because it’s super light and I only have about 1/2 cup at the most, which is pretty decent. Most of the time, I prefer having a low carb meal, but I also don’t want to get myself so bored of eating the same options day after day.
This Cilantro Lime Shrimp recipe is perfect for meal prep. You can prepare a big batch of it on a sheet pan in the oven as well with some asparagus, sweet potatoes, zucchini, peppers and onion cubes. Bake them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Just try it and thank me later 🙂
A healthy low cab meal for an everyday choice. Made with simple ingredients and little prep work, this meal will keep you full and satisfied for a long time.
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimps
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh garlic paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Marinate the shrimps with all the ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large iron skillet to high heat, then add the olive oil and butter.
- Place the pieces of shrimps a little apart from each other and cook until fully cooked and have a golden brown crunchy look.
- Serve with broccoli and couscous or any side dish of your choice.
Nutrition facts excluding couscous. You can substitute the side for what fits better with your diet preference.
- Category: Entree
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 854g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Protein: 46.3