This recipe for Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps is the perfect way to add a healthy but rich in flavor item to your menu. Loaded with seasoned beef, crispy vegetables, and a delightful sauce, this is going to be a hit for your lunch menu!
ASIAN BEEF LETTUCE WRAPS
If you love Asian foods, you have to try this recipe for Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps! It’s made with delicious ground beef and simple ingredients you can find at your home most of the time.
This Asian Beef Lettuce Wrap can be prepared in less than 30 minutes! What a perfect option to serve for either lunch or dinner! Another bonus with this recipe is that you can easily customize to your preferences. With simple veggie additions, you can add or subtract what you prefer.
Asian lettuce wraps are very popular in restaurants because they tend to be preferred as a healthier option by many people. You should definitely give it a try for adding a healthier but still satisfying lunch to your menu.
WHAT IS THE BEST LETTUCE FOR ASIAN BEEF LETTUCE WRAPS?
The most popular lettuce to use for this Asian beef lettuce wraps recipe is Bibb lettuce. It is soft, sweeter, and easy to come by. It also has large leaves that are easy to fold over the filling for a simple wrap.
You can use truly any lettuce you prefer, but make sure what you use has larger leaves. If you want to make this as a wrap and not a salad, you will need to buy the whole head of lettuce versus prepared bags of salad greens.
Some lettuce options I have used for wraps:
- Bibb lettuce
- Romaine lettuce
- Green leaf lettuce
- Red leaf lettuce
- Iceberg lettuce
- Boston lettuce
SHOULD I USE BEEF OR CAN I USE GROUND TURKEY?
This recipe is best using beef as it provides a richness that ground turkey and ground chicken do not offer. However, if you have an issue eating beef or really need to cut back on red meat, you can definitely use an alternative like ground chicken, ground turkey, or even ground pork. It will change the flavor of the wrap slightly, but will still produce a delicious result.
WHAT VEGETABLE TOPPINGS SHOULD I SERVE?
I typically serve these Asian beef lettuce wraps with shredded carrots, green onions, and toasted sesame seeds to go on top. The best part of this recipe though is that you can add different toppings to suit your preferences. Below are a few of my favorite additions to lettuce wraps that add texture and nutrients.
- Chopped peanuts
- Shredded red cabbage
- Diced yellow or orange bell pepper
- Minced red onion
- Shredded zucchini
- Ground beef
- Korean BBQ sauce
- Thai peanut sauce
- Sesame oil
- Ginger powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Rice (cooked)
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN BEEF LETTUCE WRAPS
For this wrap, you will begin by heating a skillet and cooking down your ground beef.
After cooking for about 5 minutes, or until almost done, you will add in the spices and sauces and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through and sauces are well-incorporated.
To serve this recipe, you will offer lettuce leaves, cooked rice, and garnishes for toppings. Simply add a bit of rice to a piece of lettuce, top with some of the meat mixture, then sprinkle on toppings, wrap, and eat!
You can prepare then serve all the ingredients for the wraps then display on your table buffet style so everyone can customize their own. If your kids are not fond of lettuce as wraps, you can have them build a bowl with rice as the base, or even add inside a tortilla. It is also easy to make this a nut-free option if you use only the bbq sauce and leave out the peanut sauce when cooking.
Most of these ingredients can be found at your local Walmart for an easy shopping experience.
Did you try these Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps and just love them?! Please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM |PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE ASIAN RECIPES
I love the rich flavors of Asian cuisine. Here are some more of my favorite recipes you should try next. You’ll love them too!
- Asian Pepper Steak Stir Fry
- Spicy Cashew Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Zoodles
- Easy Beef LoMein Noodle
- Simple Pepper Steak Recipe with Pineapple
Asian Beef Lettuce Wrap
- 1 pack of Marketside’s Organic Grass-Fed 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 3 tbsp of Korean BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 tbsp Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2-1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Great Value Organic Black Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Great Value Organic Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Great Value Organic Onion Powder
- Butter Lettuce
- 1 Cup White Rice cooked
- Fresh shredded carrots
- Fresh sliced green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a pan to medium/high heat and heat up the sesame oil.
- Add in the ground beef and sauté until they are almost cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the spices, sauces and stir everything together until well incorporated. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let them cool for a couple of minutes
- Prepare your lettuce cups by adding 2 tbsp of cooked rice (using regular tablespoons for everything) to each lettuce leaf. Add a couple tablespoons of ground beef and top with the garnishing ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to go the low carb route, you could swap the white rice for cauliflower rice.
- You can switch out the beef for your ground meat of choice. You can even make these vegetarian by swapping in some mild chopped vegetables such as zucchini.
- You can prepare then serve all the ingredients for the wraps then display on your table buffet style so everyone can customize their own.
- If your kids are not fond of lettuce as wraps, you can have them build a bowl with rice as the base, or even add inside a tortilla.
- It is also easy to make this a nut-free option if you use only the bbq sauce and leave out the peanut sauce when cooking.
- Most of these ingredients can be found at your local Walmart for an easy shopping experience.