My Asian Pepper Steak Stir Fry will be one of your go-to dinner recipes! It has a sauce made with ginger, honey, and soy sauce that you can use in other recipes too.
Easy Asian Pepper Steak Stir Fry
Asian cuisines are one of my most favorite cuisines. Who doesn’t like them? But I love preparing them at home because they come out a lot healthier without all the extra oils and sugars they are usually made with at the restaurants. I prepare them with the least amount of ingredients, fresh from the convenience of my home.
Why We Love Beef Stir Fry
I love making stir fry! I’ve made so many different types of stir fry and they all turned out amazing. But I think beef stir fry might be one of my favorites.
I love how tender the beef is when you slice it super thin. Plus, the veggies are good for you. It’s so easy to fill this full of veggies. Be creative and use your favorites!
How To Make Asian Pepper Steak Stir Fry
You can save yourself time by slicing and marinating the steak the night before. Here’s how to make my yummy stir fry.
Since I mentioned convenience, it was so convenient shopping at my local Walmart for all the ingredients I needed for this Asian Pepper Steak Stir Fry recipe.
Here are the ingredients I used.
Steak – I like getting the thicker cut of the Premium Choice Angus NY Strip Steak for this recipe so the strips come out ticker in size. The Angus meats are usually in black trays and have a golden sticker on them. So make sure you grab the right one.
Vegetables – Use your favorites. I used fresh peppers, mushrooms, snap peas, and carrots
Fresh Orange – I used juice from an orange in the marinade. You can use orange juice instead, but it tastes so much better when you use a fresh orange.
Honey – I prefer organic honey.
Soy Sauce – I used lite sodium soy sauce but regular works perfectly as well.
Here’s how I made my pepper steak stir fry.
I start by marinating the meat because I like to let them sit in the fridge for about an hour. This way the meat absorbs all the flavor from the marinade.
Next comes the veggies. This meal is packed with healthy vegetables. I love grabbing vegetables of all colors. Just like the rainbow.
So if I use sugar snap peas, for example, I don’t go for green peppers. I will go for peppers with other colors like red or yellow. And if I use carrots, for example, I don’t go with orange peppers.
Be creative and choose your favorite vegetables for this pepper steak stir fry.
I keep one color of each vegetable, so they can all stand out. It makes the dish super colorful and packed with different kinds of vegetables.
After everything gets put together in such a little amount of time, you end up with a beautiful, colorful and delicious meal you will surely love.
Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and voila! Takes very few ingredients, mostly healthy, takes little time to shop for and saves you a lot of money by grabbing your Angus Premium Choice NY Strip Steak and locally grown fresh produce from your local Walmart at affordable prices.
What To Serve With Pepper Steak Stir Fry
You can serve this dish with a side of rice or even prepare some cooked Lo Mein Noodles to stir in with the dish for the win! An easy family dinner served at a much lower cost right at the convenience of your home!
How To Store Stir Fry
Since this meat isn’t breaded, it can be stored in either the freezer or the refrigerator. Just keep it in a sealed container. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months and in the refrigerator for about a week.
The veggies will crisp back up if you reheat it in a skillet. But if you use a microwave they will be softer.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you try this Asian Pepper Steak Stir Fry and enjoyed it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
More Asian-Inspired Recipes
Here are even more dinner recipes your family will love!
ASIAN PEPPER STEAK STIR FRY
- 2 Pieces of Angus Premium Choice NY Strip Steak Thick Cut
- 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Carrots
- 1 Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Great Value Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of sliced baby mushrooms
- Sesame Seeds optional
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp Great Value Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Great Value low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Great Value Organic Honey
- 1 tbsp Great Value Organic Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Thinly slice your steak into two inch strips and set aside
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the marinade ingredients together. Add them to the steak strips and toss around until they are well coated. Marinate for up to 1 hour.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat a skillet up on medium to high heat and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Sauté the beef strips for about 2 minutes on each side. Do not over crowd the skillet. Sauté them in two batches until they’re browned and crispy. Do not overcook. Set the meat aside. Save remainder of the extra marinade left in the bowl.
- Clean up the skillet and heat another 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sauté the peppers and carrots for 3-4 minutes unit tender then add the sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Continue sautéing the vegetables for another 2 minutes.
- Add the steak and extra marinade and cook everything together for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
- Optional: sprinkle some sesame seeds for garnishing.