My Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is loaded with flavor with the ideal amount of chocolate in every bite. I love making this yummy recipe as a great little sweet breakfast bread, but it's also the perfect dessert recipe. Grab your ripe bananas, dark chocolate chips, and favorite almond butter to create this soft and chewy bread.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Serving sweet breakfast bread is one of my favorite ways to surprise my family with a homemade breakfast. While I love eating a slice of this chocolate chip banana bread by itself, it's also great alongside traditional bacon and eggs. It is also one of those amazing recipes you can easily double or triple and to freeze for future meals.
If you like chocolate, you might always want to check out my chocolate chip pancakes as another delicious option. Starting your day with chocolate at breakfast is such a great way to make your day better!
How To Ripen Bananas Quickly For Banana Bread
If you don't have ripe bananas on hand, you can wrap some in paper towels and microwave for 1 minute to soften before adding to the banana bread batter.
Here's what I used in my bread, along with any substitutions you can make if you need to.
All-Purpose Flour - You can also use gluten-free flour instead
Dark Chocolate Chips - Substitute with milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Bananas - Make sure they are really ripe. If they aren't ripe enough, put them in a brown paper bag for a day or so and they will be perfect.
Sugar - If you are trying to cut down on your sugar intake, you can use erythritol instead. It is just as sweet without the calories.
Almond Butter - substitute with sunbutter if you are allergic to nuts
IS THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD VEGAN?
When you find dark chocolate chips that have no dairy, you can easily make this a vegan recipe. Remember, not all dark chocolate is vegan. Make sure you check the ingredients list to verify there isn't any dairy in the ingredients list. This makes it a perfect option for those who are not just vegan, but also who are dairy-free.
If you do not need dairy-free or vegan chocolate, you can easily substitute the chips with different options. This recipe is just as delicious with milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or even white chocolate chips.
CAN I FREEZE THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD?
Yes! This is one of my favorite things about breakfast bread. You can bake large batches, and then allow it to cool and freeze for later. For this recipe, I like to cut the loaves into slices before wrapping and freezing. You could even make it into muffins for easy portions.
Wrap in plastic wrap and place it in a labeled freezer storage bag with the recipe name and date. This bread is good for up to 4 months in the freezer but can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week after baking. If you plan to eat it within 2-3 days of baking, it can be wrapped and stored on the counter.
If you try this Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE SWEET BREAKFAST RECIPES
One of my favorite ways to wake up in the mornings is with a cup of coffee and a slice of sweet bread or a muffin. Here are some of my favorite recipes.
- Nutella Banana Nut Bread
- Healthy Banana Oats Muffin
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 very ripe medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together banana, sugar, almond butter, oil and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until it is combined.
- Add batter to lined loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Slice and serve.
- Use a preheated oven.
- You can use gluten free flour.
- Be sure to use room temp butter and bananas, for a smoother batter that will cook evenly.
- If using frozen bananas, make sure to thaw them first before incorporating into the batter.
- If you wish, you can sub the dark chocolate chips for semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- I used standard-sized baking chips but mini chocolate chips would work too.
- Make sure to use ripe bananas.
- Substitute almond butter with sunbutter if you're allergic to nuts.
- If you are trying to cut down on your sugar intake, you can use erythritol instead of sugar.