Taco Ranch Pasta Salad is a delicious pasta salad that is basically cooked pasta with added veggies and cheese, and coated with the most delicious Taco Ranch sauce ever! It’s served cold and also a great lunch box option for kids.
HOW TO MAKE THE TACO RANCH PASTA SALAD:
The most important ingredient here that makes this salad super delish is the actual Taco Ranch Sauce. I am a super picky person when it comes to dressings and so on, but this Taco Ranch Sauce. I used the Flavor Craver Taco Ranch Taco Sauce by Ortega® and it’s by far the best I have tried. Even my kids LOVE it!
To prepare all the salad ingredients, you will need to cook the elbow pasta al dente. Also cut up all the veggie ingredients. I do suggest though if you are making this salad for a later time that day or prepping it for the next day, save the avocadoes and add them in before serving. This prevents the discoloration of the avocadoes. I am not a huge fan of eating brown avocadoes. Even though there is lime in this salad, the avocadoes will still discolor.
After having all the ingredients ready, put everything in a bowl, along with the taco ranch salad dressing, taco seasoning and lime juice but excluding the avocadoes. Mix to coat well. You can then add in the diced avocado pieces, cheese and toss gently without breaking or mashing the avocado pieces. I love topping this salad with Yellow Corn Taco Shells, and I just break the taco shells up into little pieces and throw them right on top. Do not add those in the salad because it will get soft and soggy. I used the Ortega® brand as well (shown in photo). They have different varieties of taco shells so you can choose any option you want.
WAYS TO SERVE THE TACO RANCH PASTA SALAD:
This Taco Ranch Pasta Salad is served cold and can be stored in your fridge for up to 3 days in an air tight container. It is perfect for kids lunch boxes now that they are back to school. Simply place the broken taco shells on the side and add in the avocados when you prep the lunch box rather than the night before. You can always drizzle some extra taco ranch on top of the salad or place it in a small container on the side. This salad also pairs well with chicken or shrimp. Simply marinate the protein of choice with some Ortega® Taco Seasoning and grill or pan sear them. You can dice and add them to the salad itself or serve on the side.
Hope you all enjoy this delicious Taco Ranch Pasta Salad because it is truly a super yummy recipe and very convenient to make. Please leave a rating on my recipe card after you try it and tag me on my Instagram so I can see your delicious recreation! Xoxo…
OTHER SIMILAR RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Taco Ranch Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. elbow pasta cooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup green onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Ortega® Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Ortega® Flavor Craver Taco Ranch Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium avocados peeled and diced
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions.
- Dice and chop the veggies.
- In a bowl, combine the veggies, black beans, lime juice, taco seasoning, salt and the taco ranch sauce. Toss to coat well.
- Peel and dice the avocadoes. Add into the bowl with the 3/4 cup of cheddar or Mexican Cheese. Toss lightly and then serve in a bowl.
- Add the broken taco shells on top or on your plate after serving.
- If not serving right away, save the avocados for when you are ready to serve.
- You can add in some diced hot peppers to make it spicy.
- Store in an air tight container.