What’s better than a combo of delicious tender steak and veggies for lunch or dinner? This Steak and Veggie Roll Ups recipe is a super delicious and healthy meal! You have to try it!
I love making this recipe for my family because its a fun way to incorporate veggies with our proteins. It’s also a perfect meal-prep recipe if you are looking for more food options for your meal preps.
HOW TO MAKE THESE STEAK AND VEGGIE ROLL UPS:
I usually start by marinating the meat for about an 1 hr. Use half the marinade for the meat and leave the other half on the side to brush on the steaks while cooking them. Cut up your veggies and prepare them for stuffing the roll ups. You can basically chose any veggies you like and cut them up into sticks about 1 inch longer that the size of your steaks
Once you have your steaks and veggies cut out , you can then assemble. Place a piece of steak flat on your board, add one piece of each vegetable on top and then wrap it up. You can use a toothpick to keep the wrap together.
In a small pot or pan, bring the second half of the marinade to boil, until it thickens up a little. Set aside so you have them ready for the time you need to brush on the rollups. Heat a skillet and add some olive oil. Cook the steaks on each side to get a nice crispy brown color. These steaks don’t need a lot of time to cook because they are already sliced thin enough to cook within minutes. So approximately 2 minutes on each side. 5 minutes of cook time total. Brush the Veggies Steak Roll Ups generously with the cooked marinade sauce you prepared ahead and simmer for a minute. So you would basically cook the roll ups on each side 2 minutes and the last minute with the marinade. You can then remove and serve. Garnish with some sesame seeds.
Making these Steak and Veggie Roll Ups is a breeze. Literally anyone can do it without any complications. You can serve with a healthy side option like brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes. You can also enjoy them with some French fries. Hope you enjoy this recipe, and don’t forget to save and share it! XoXo…
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
What’s better than a combo of delicious tender steak and veggies for lunch or dinner? This recipe is super delicious! You have to try it!
- 2 New York Steak, sliced thinly (aprox 3 inches long) Can substitute with what you prefer
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- Asparagus stems, just half, discard the stem
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half, julienned
- Toasted sesame seed, for garnishing
- Sliced green onions, for garnishing
- Toothpick(helps for beginners but not required)
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup of lite soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of ginger paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- Start by marinating the meat for 1 hr. Use half the marination for the meat and leave the other half on the side.
- In a small pot or pan, bring the second half of the marinade to boil, until it thickens up a little. Set aside.
- To assemble the steak rolls, place a piece of steak flat on your board, add one piece of each vegetable on top and then wrap it up. You can use a toothpick to keep the wrap together.
- Heat a skillet and add some olive oil. Cook the steaks on each side to get a nice crispy brown color. About 4-5 minutes at the max. The steaks should be almost done. Brush them generously with with the cooked marinade sauce you prepared ahead and simmer for a minute.
- Remove skilled from heat, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and green onions on top to garnish.
- Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 1510.6mg
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6g
- Protein: 4.4g
Keywords: Steak and Veggie Roll Ups