What’s better than a combo of delicious tender steak and veggies for lunch or dinner? This Steak and Veggie Rollups recipe is a super delicious and healthy meal! You have to try it!
I love making this recipe for my family because its a fun way to incorporate veggies with our proteins. It’s also a perfect meal-prep recipe if you are looking for more food options for your meal preps.
Steak and Veggie Rollups
This is a really creative way to serve steak and veggies. Sure, anyone can grill some steaks and steam some veggies. But this is so beautiful and fun! Everyone is going to enjoy how this looks and tastes
Here’s what’s in my recipe, along with any substitutions you can make.
- New York Steaks – You can use any cut of steak, just make sure it is sliced very thin
- Asparagus Stems – Only the tops of the asparagus
- Pepper – Any color of pepper will taste great
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onions
My Favorite Marinade
This tastes fantastic on pork and chicken too! Save this recipe and use it on other cuts of meat.
- Soy Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Ginger Paste
- Olive Oil
- Orange Juice
- Minced Garlic
HOW TO MAKE THESE STEAK AND VEGGIE ROLLUPS
I usually start by marinating the meat for about an hour. Use half the marinade for the meat and leave the other half on the side to brush on the steaks while cooking them. Cut up your veggies and prepare them for stuffing the roll ups. You can basically chose any veggies you like and cut them up into sticks about 1 inch longer than the size of your steaks
Once you have your steaks and veggies cut out, you can then assemble. Place a piece of steak flat on your board, add one piece of each vegetable on top and then wrap it up. You can use a toothpick to keep the wrap together.
In a small pot or pan, bring the second half of the marinade to boil, until it thickens up a little. Set aside so you have them ready for the time you need to brush on the rollups. Heat a skillet and add some olive oil.
Cook the steaks on each side to get a nice crispy brown color. These steaks don’t need a lot of time to cook because they are already sliced thin enough to cook within minutes. So approximately 2 minutes on each side. 5 minutes of cook time total.
Brush the Veggies Steak Roll Ups generously with the cooked marinade sauce you prepared ahead and simmer for a minute. So you would basically cook the roll ups on each side 2 minutes and the last minute with the marinade. You can then remove and serve. Garnish with some sesame seeds.
Making these Steak and Veggie Roll Ups is a breeze. Literally anyone can do it without any complications. You can serve with a healthy side option like brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes. You can also enjoy them with some French fries.
If you try this Steak and Veggie Rollups recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Steak and Veggie Rollups
- 2 New York Steak sliced thinly (aprox 3 inches long) Can substitute with what you prefer
- 1 large carrot julienned
- Asparagus stems just half, discard the stem
- 1 large red bell pepper julienned
- 1 large yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 large zucchini cut in half, julienned
- Toasted sesame seed for garnishing
- Sliced green onions for garnishing
- Toothpick helps for beginners but not required
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup of lite soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of ginger paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- Start by marinating the meat for 1 hr. Use half the marination for the meat and leave the other half on the side.
- In a small pot or pan, bring the second half of the marinade to boil, until it thickens up a little. Set aside.
- To assemble the steak rolls, place a piece of steak flat on your board, add one piece of each vegetable on top and then wrap it up. You can use a toothpick to keep the wrap together.
- Heat a skillet and add some olive oil. Cook the steaks on each side to get a nice crispy brown color. About 4-5 minutes at the max. The steaks should be almost done. Brush them generously with the cooked marinade sauce you prepared ahead and simmer for a minute.
- Remove skilled from heat, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and green onions on top to garnish.
- Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!
- Allow your meat to marinate for at least an hour.
- You can use any cut of steak, just make sure it is sliced very thin.
- These steaks don't need a lot of time to cook because they are already sliced thin enough to cook within minutes.
- This marinade tastes fantastic on pork and chicken too! Save this recipe and use it on other cuts of meat.
Leave A Reply & Rate Recipe