Parmesan Herbed Potatoes are a perfect addition to nearly any meal. Soft on the inside, crisp on the outside, and packed with delicious flavor these are a simple solution to last-minute side dish needs. The addition of fresh herbs and shaved parmesan adds a depth of flavor without a lot of extra work involved. You are sure to love this easy potato recipe.
PARMESAN HERBED POTATOES RECIPE
These roasted potatoes are the kind that will literally melt in your mouth. They are made with healthy ingredients leaving you with a satisfying and guilt-free side dish to serve with many meals. By par-boiling the potatoes ahead of time, this recipe cooks easily and gives you truly tender and flavorful potatoes in just a few minutes. They can be topped with just herbs and cheese, or you can add a drizzle of ranch dressing, sriracha, or even balsamic vinegar to the top for added flavor.
Tip: If I know I plan to make these but not sure I have time to boil them, I have been known to pop them into the microwave to cook through instead in half the time!
CAN I USE DRIED ROSEMARY FOR THESE ROASTED POTATOES?
If you don't have fresh rosemary on hand, dried rosemary will definitely work in a pinch. Just substitute in equivalent measurements and you'll have just as delicious a potato when it comes out of the oven!
You can even test out different herb combinations you prefer. For my parmesan herbed potatoes, I like adding fresh basil or even cilantro to this recipe sometimes for a different fresh bright flavor. Mix and match any flavor you enjoy to add depth to this potato dish.
WHAT IS THE BEST POTATO FOR THIS RECIPE?
I prefer using golden potatoes as they soften easily in no time at all. New potatoes, red potatoes, or fingerlings are also options that cook fast and easily but stand up to baking and offer a crunch. I would avoid making this recipe with a Russet or Idaho potato as they are too large and take longer to soften.
- Golden potatoes
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN HERBED POTATOES RECIPE
For this recipe, you will want to soften your potatoes first by boiling them for around ten minutes. Remove them from the water and place them directly onto a lined baking sheet.
Using the back of a spoon or potato masher, smash each potato down so it bursts out of the skin and looks a bit like a pancake shape.
Sprinkle the tops with the spices and drizzle with olive oil before baking for around ten minutes or until crisp.
Top with fresh herbs and Parmesan as desired.
MORE POTATO RECIPES
- Easy Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Spicy Cilantro Hasselback Potatoes
- Potato Cobb Salad
- Lebanese Spicy Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
If you try this Parmesan Herbed Potatoes recipe and like it, please use my hashtag share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Follow me at Cookin' With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
Parmesan Herbed Potatoes
- 2 lbs of Golden Potatoes medium size
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Start by boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes until they are just about tender.
- Remove and place on a sheet pan while hot and press each potato with a potato masher just once to flatten it out.
- Sprinkle all the dry ingredients evenly on the potatoes and drizzle the olive oil on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes on a pre heated 400 degree oven.
- Remove and grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- If I don't time to boil the potatoes, I have been known to pop them into the microwave to cook through instead in half the time!
- By par-boiling the potatoes ahead of time, this recipe cooks easily and gives you truly tender and flavorful potatoes in just a few minutes.
- To smash the potatoes, use the back of a spoon or potato masher, smash each potato down so it bursts out of the skin and looks a bit like a pancake shape.
- Refrigerated grated Parmesan works really well as it tastes fresh and coats the potatoes more evenly than shredded Parmesan.
- For the best flavors sprinkle the tops with the spices and drizzle with olive oil before baking for around ten minutes or until crisp.
- If you find the Parmesan Herbed Potatoes don’t brown enough, you can try using a darker baking sheet next time. The dark coating on a baking sheet helps with browning.