Moist and juicy, this Oven Baked Turkey Breast is so easy to make and is packed with flavor. Tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, this Oven Baked Turkey Breast is perfect for dinner.
This recipe was made in partnership with Reynolds Wrap® Foil. All opinions are 100% my own.
Oven Roasted Turkey Breasts
Making turkey doesn't have to take hours to make and be complicated. Whenever we are craving some turkey, an oven roasted turkey breast is our go-to recipe. It's easy and much faster than roasting a whole turkey as it doesn't require days in advance to defrost and prep.
To make things simple and for minimal cleanup, I use Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil. Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil helps hold onto all of the roasted goodness of the turkey without a messy cleanup. This Oven Roasted Turkey Breast recipe takes less than two hours from start to finish, cleanup included!
Why You'll Love This Turkey Recipe
- It's perfect for all occasions - whether it's for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner, this oven roasted turkey breast is perfect any time of the year! You can even make it for a turkey sandwich!
- Clean up is easy - Thanks to Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil on the baking dish, cleanup is super easy - With Reynolds® Wrap Heavy Duty Foil, you don’t have to worry about breaking or tearing, even with heavier foods.
- It's so flavorful - the secret to making the most flavorful turkey breasts is spreading the butter mixture under and on top of the skin so the flavor goes in deep! The skin gets super crispy thanks to this trick as well.
What You'll Need To Make The Perfect Oven Baked Turkey Breast
- Turkey breast - bone out
- Butter - unsalted and softened
- Turkey breast rub
- Additional seasoning: oregano, garlic, black pepper, rosemary, chili flakes, and salt
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil
- Carrot - peeled and sliced
- Garlic cloves
- Onion - peeled and cubed
How to Make a Juicy Turkey Breast in the Oven
Prep the oven, baking dish, and turkey - Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking dish with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil for easy cleanup. Set aside. Debone the turkey breast and trim all excess fats.
Make the butter mixture - In a small bowl, add in the softened butter, spices and herbs. Mix well to form a paste and then save 2 tablespoons of the paste on the side. Lift up the skin of the breast without removing it completely and then spread half the butter mixture onto the breast, then cover and top the other half over the skin.
Prepare the turkey to bake - Add in the onions, oregano and carrots into the baking dish and then lay the breast on top. Bake the turkey breast for 20 minutes uncovered. Then reduce the heat to 350F and cook breast for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
Cover the turkey - After 30 minutes, remove the dish from the oven, add in some whole garlic cloves and cover with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil to cook another 20-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165 F.
Rest before cutting - Once finished in the oven, remove and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing through it.
Tips and Notes
- You can soften your butter by putting it into your microwave for 10 seconds.
- After spreading the butter under and on top of the skin, you can secure the skin with some toothpicks to keep it in place while it bakes.
- Turkey is cooked through at 165F, and the easiest way to check is by inserting a digital cooking thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey breast.
- You can use the drippings and veggies from underneath the turkey breast to make into gravy. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and green beans, or other veggies of your choice.
- When roasting, the juices of the turkey breast are pulled outward, so it is important to rest the turkey breast before slicing to let the juices of the turkey redistribute.
How to Store Leftover Baked Turkey Breast
If you are planning on having leftovers, avoid slicing the entire breast. Slicing just what you need ensures that the rest of the turkey breast stays moist. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to Reheat Turkey Breasts Without Drying it Out
The easiest way to reheat turkey breasts without drying it out is by reheating it with a splash of stock. When heating up the leftover turkey in the microwave, stovetop, or in the oven, add a bit of chicken or turkey stock to your container. Cover the turkey breast while reheating so the moisture doesn’t escape.
Can I Use Other Herbs?
Yes you can. If you don’t have oregano on hand for this oven baked turkey breast, sage, basil, and thyme makes for a great alternative.
Ideas of What to Serve with a Baked Turkey Breast
- Roasted Garlic Mushrooms
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Oven Baked Brussel Sprouts
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Herb and Parmesan Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Easy Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Herbs and Garlic
- Cheesy Potato Stacks
- Jicama Fries
I hope you enjoy all the recipes I share with you, including this delicious Oven Roasted Turkey Breast recipe. I hope you try it, enjoy it, rate it and share it with your friends and family!
If you try this recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK |INSTAGRAM |PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
Oven Baked Turkey Breast
- 4 lb. turkey breast bone out
- 1/3 unsalted butter very soft (microwave for 10 seconds)
- 3 tbsps. turkey breast rub
- 2 tbsps. oregano chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic large, minced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp rosemary crushed, dry
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt OPTIONAL, taste butter mixture first before adding)
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced
- 6 large garlic cloves keep whole
- 1 small onion peeled and cubed
- fresh herbs I used oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F°.
- Debone the turkey breast and trim from all excess fats.
- In a small bowl, add in the soften butter, spices and herbs. Mix well to form a paste. Save 2 tbsps. of the paste on the side.
- Lift up the skin of the breast without removing it completely. Spread half the butter mixture onto the breast, then cover and top the other half over the skin.
- Line a baking dish with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil for easy cleanup.
- Add in the onions, oregano and carrots, then lay the breast on top. You can secure the skin with some toothpicks to keep it in place.
- Bake the turkey breast for 20 minutes uncovered. Then reduce the heat to 350 and cook the breast for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dish from the oven, add in some whole garlic cloves and cover with Reynolds® Wrap Heavy Duty Foil to cook another 20-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165 degrees F. Use a digital cooking thermometer to check the thickest part of the breast.
- Once the time is up, remove from the oven, and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing through it. You can use the drippings and veggies from underneath the turkey breast to make into gravy. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and green beans, or other veggies of your choice.