Bust out of the dinner boredom. My Chicken and Vegetable Rollups Recipe tastes just as good as it looks. Wrap tender chicken breasts around your favorite sliced vegetables and sear in a hot skillet for a delicious all in one meal that is kid-friendly and mom-approved.
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE RECIPE
If you are looking for a great recipe that doesn't take a ton of time but looks spectacular, then this is the one for you. Simple chicken breast and vegetables get rolled up and sauteed making them look special or fancy, but really they are just basic ingredients prepared in a slightly different way.
I love that this recipe is so versatile and super healthy. Kids will like this recipe because it looks fun and they won't even notice just how healthy it happens to be! Serve with or without a dipping sauce and you'll have a variety of flavors you can enjoy.
WHAT VEGETABLES CAN I ADD TO THESE ROLL UPS?
You can use any vegetables you like! I prefer using vegetables that I can cut into slices or "sticks" as that makes it easier to wrap the chicken around them. Some of my favorites are obviously peppers and asparagus, but you can slice onions, zucchini, or green beans into easy to wrap pieces. Some mushrooms, broccoli, and even cauliflower could be cut into lengths that would fit into this bundle.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT SPICE BLENDS?
Yes! I like this simple combination but you can definitely use any herbs and spices you like for your chicken and vegetable recipe. This can be a simple herbed dish, lemon pepper, garlic and herb, Indian inspired, or even Mexican inspired with just a few tweaks of the spice blend. Use your imagination and create a new flavor profile you love.
- Chicken breasts
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Purple onion
- Olive oil
- Herbs de Provence
- Chili powder
- Lime juice
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES ROLL UPS
For this recipe, you will want to begin by preparing all of your vegetables. Slice into "sticks" that are around the same size. You will also want to either slice your chicken into thin slices or pound them down into thin pieces.
Next, you will mix up your marinade and drop your chicken into the bowl so that it is coated on all sides with the mixture.
One at a time, place a chicken breast on a cutting board or plate and then top it with a slice of each of the vegetables in the center. Wrap the chicken around the vegetables and secure it with a toothpick.
Once you have all of your chicken roll-ups prepared, you will heat your grill pan or skillet and place your chicken breasts in seam side down.
Cook on all sides for 3-4 minutes or until the interior temperature reaches 165ºF for safety. Serve with lime slices.
If you try this Chicken and Vegetable Roll-Ups recipe and enjoyed it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
- Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Spicy Sriracha Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
- Oven-Baked Chicken and Potatoes
Chicken and Vegetables Roll Ups
CHICKEN BUNDLE INGREDIENTS
- 2 packs of Marketside Boneless No Antibiotic Chicken Breast
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper julienned
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper julienned
- 1 large Purple Onion Julienned
- 1 bunch of Asparagus trimmed
- 2 Zucchini cut into long matchstick pieces
- 1 Tbsp Great Value Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Freshy Chopped Parsley optional for garnishing
- Start by cutting up the veggies and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Thinly slice your chicken breasts and place in the marinade bowl to coat evenly.
- Using one piece of chicken breast at a time, place on piece of each vegetable on top, then roll up and secure it with a toothpick.
- Preheat your grill or pan on medium heat to grill or sauté. If you are pan searing them, preheat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil ahead before cooking them.
- Grill or sauté the chicken roll up for about 3-4 minutes on each side to get a nice golden color.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.
- You may garnish with some freshly chopped parsley flakes if desired.