When it comes to making quick and easy recipes, I am all in! This Oven Baked Chicken and Potatoes recipe is a delicious and healthy recipe you can make for your family! Everything in cooking in one pan for easy clean up afterwards.
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
When making this oven baked chicken and potatoes, you can also add carrots. I love adding carrots because it cooks well in the time it takes for the potatoes and chicken to cook. Unlike other veggies like zucchini or squash, broccoli, they cook faster and by the time the chicken comes out, they are way over cooked. You can also add green beans is you like. Mushrooms are another great addition to this dish if you are a fan of mushroom. It could be whole or sliced.
Other things you can alter or add to this recipe is cubed onions. I love roasted onions but my kids don't like it that's why I don't have it in this recipe. If you are not a fan of chicken thighs, you can definitely use chicken breast, drumsticks or wings and even prepare this in a big baking dish with whole chicken and add a bunch of veggies in the since you have enough space to do so. It will take longer to cook because of the whole chicken. When cooking whole chicken, I recommend adding about 1 cup of chicken broth into the pan so the veggies don't burn. If you don't have small potatoes whether it's red or golden, you can wash and peel russet or Yukon golden potatoes and cut them into large cubes and toss them to use in this recipe.
In the end it's all a matter of preference, and this oven baked chicken and potatoes recipe can take many more veggie additions to it as well as different spices you may prefer to add in.
HOW TO MAKE THE OVEN BAKED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
Choose your chicken. Decide that type you want. It can be any piece, but remember the larger the piece the more time it will take to cook. So a boneless chicken thigh will take shorter time to cook than a boned chicken thigh and a full chicken breast will take longer than a boneless chicken thigh. Just adjust the cooking time.
Clean your chicken pieces and rub well with lemon juice. I just cut a lemon in half and use it to squeeze and rub the chicken pieces with it. This helps eliminate any unwanted smell or flavor from the chicken. Prepare the marinade by by cutting the cilantro or herbs you wish to use. I used both fresh rosemary and cilantro. If you don't have fresh, you cam used dried or use some sort of Italian or Greek seasoning to substitution.
For this recipe I bought baby potatoes from the store. You can find them in one color, golden or both golden and red. My kids prefer the golden ones because their peel is softer but I use both colors sometimes and they pick out the golden ones. Start by marinating the chicken with some salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet, oven proof (or transfer everything into a baking dish before place in the oven).
Pan sear the chicken until they are golden in color, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Turn off the heat and add the veggies into the pan with pour the marinade onto the potatoes and chicken. Spray with olive oil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let it rest for a few minutes before serving because it will be super hot.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE BAKED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
I think the best thing to serve with this dish is making a simple garden salad with just olive oil and lemon dressing. My family seems to enjoy this the most when I prepare this recipe. We also eat it with Lebanese pita bread, which are a lot thinner than the regular pita breads in the store. I have seen decent ones that are not too thick at Walmart and Sprouts.
If you like white rice you can serve on the side with it but you wont have a lot of sauce that comes out of this dish to moisturize the rice. So it will be somewhat dry. But still works. I would suggest adding some chicken broth into the dish if you are planning on serving it with rice to have more sauce to serve.
I hope you try and enjoy is as always. This Oven Baked Chicken and Potatoes recipe with the added carrots it truly such a simple and filling recipe you family will love. If you don't have little ones, be sure to add some slicked Jalapeno peppers into it too to make it spicy! Tag me on my INSTAGRAM if you try this recipe so I can see your delicious recreations! Xoxo...
OTHER RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
Oven Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- 8 deboned thighs skinless or skinned
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 2 large carrots cut into rounds
- 1 lb. baby potatoes
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary optional
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Trim and clean the chicken. Rub with a piece of lemon and marinate with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- Cut the carrots and set aside. Then wash the potatoes. Prepare the marinade.
- In a skillet over high heat, add 2 tbsps. of olive oil. Pan sear the chicken until golden, on both side.(about 4-5 minutes on each side)
- Remove from heat and add in the carrot and potatoes. Pour over the marinade and spray with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove and set aside for a few minutes before serving.
- Make sure to use a preheated oven.
- You can add any kind of hot pepper to the recipe to make it spicy.
- If you don't have fresh herbs, you can used dried or use some sort of Italian or Greek seasoning to substitution.
- Use and oven proof skillet or transfer everything into a baking dish before place in the oven.
- You could also add in a can of crushed tomatoes or cream of chicken soup if you'd like a saucier dish.
- You can also use any kind of chicken part to make this recipe, just adjust the cooking time.
- Let the Baked Chicken and Potatoes rest for a few minutes before serving because it will be super hot.