A simple hashbrown breakfast never goes out of style. Whether you make it plain or with added veggies, it’s always a win win. This Veggie Hashbrown and Eggs recipe makes a perfect breakfast for the family.
This Veggie Hashbrown and Eggs recipe can also be made without the eggs as well. You can serve it with just toast on the side if you are vegetarian and even pair it with vegetarian sausage . I have tried them with vegetarian hot dogs before. I pan sear the hot dogs and serve them as a side.
HOW TO MAKE THE VEGGIE HASHBROWNS:
First I start by preparing my hashbrowns. I add the spices, salt and olive oil to them and mix. In a heated pan, I like using non stick pans like t-fal, sear the potatoes and mix frequently so that the hashbrowns get a nice crispy color.
Meanwhile, dice your favorite veggies. I usually add onions and different kinds of peppers. I like using purple onions just to add more colors to the meal but you can use regular onions. When the potatoes are ready, toss them over the hashbrowns and mix everything well. Cover and keep on medium low heat until the veggies get tender. It takes about 5 minutes.
Crack over your eggs and add some salt on top of them if you need to. Cover and let the eggs cook through to your desired preference.
Sprinkle some fresh ground pepper, chili flakes, fresh chives and sliced jalapeños on top for garnishing.
If you liked this recipe, please share with your friends and family and don’t forget to tag me on instagram so I can see your delicious recreations!
ALSO CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES:
Veggie Hashbrown with Eggs
- 1 pack of frozen hashbrowns 16 oz
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced purple onion
- 4 eggs
- Chili flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Sliced Jalapeños
- In a bowl, place the hashbrowns, 2 tbsp olive oil, black pepper, salt and mix well.
- In a non stick pan, bring 1 tbsp of olive oil to medium-high heat. Add the hashbrowns and sauté them until they obtain a golden crisp coat, turning them over periodically. (Takes about 5-7 minutes)
- Add on the veggies and mix everything well. Place the lid on and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and crack 4 eggs on top of the hashbrowns. Place the lid on and cook the eggs until desired preference.
- Remove from the heat and top with the garnishing ingredients: chili flakes, chives, ground black pepper and sliced jalapeños.