This Sweet Potato Hash recipe is healthy, simple, colorful and delicious! They are so satisfying and paired with perfect sunny side up eggs. With just a few ingredients, you can serve this dish and be assured your family will love it!
I started by dicing up the sweet potatoes and veggies. I only used peppers and onions and seasoned them with some black pepper, salt, onion and garlic powder, with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Toss everything together to evenly coat the potatoes and veggies and bake them on 400 degrees in the oven for 25 minutes. Crack a few eggs on top and bake for another 10 minutes. You can add more time if you like your eggs very well done. You can omit the eggs if you would like to prepare the hash without them. Just add 10 minutes to the initial hash’s cook time, totaling 35 minutes in the oven.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with some fresh ground pepper, fresh sliced scallions and pair with some sliced avocados. Serve with toast bread or enjoy the hash brown as a side dish without the eggs.
Sweet Potato Hash With Eggs
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced
- 1 medium purple onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sliced Scallions garnishing
- Start by dicing the potatoes and veggies.
- Place them evenly on a sheet pan then add all the spices and coat everything evenly.
- Bake on 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove and add the eggs and bake for another 10 minutes.
- If you decide to do them without the eggs, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from head and sprinkle some fresh ground black pepper on top.
- Optional: Add fresh avocados and sliced scallions for garnishing.