This Strawberry Spinach Salad is a delicious and healthy salad everyone should try! It’s made with baby spinach, fresh strawberries, avocadoes, onions, feta cheese and candied walnuts. This salad is definitely one of my most favorite salads. To be honest, I only make my favorite salads, so you will hear me say that all my salad are one of my favorite salads 😀
HOW TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD:
Now before I start, I know many people are not huge fans of spinach. But I have found that baby spinach is probably so much better to eat raw than the larger spinach leaves. That’s based on my personal experience and the fact that my kids eat it too! Spinach does have a different flavor and texture from romaine lettuce but when eaten with the right combination of ingredients and dressing, you will have no problem eating spinach ever again!
To make the Strawberry Spinach Salad, start by preparing the salad dressing. And like I said, I prefer using baby spinach. Grab a small package of baby spinach from the grocery store. Buy the ones that are already pre washed, it makes life so much easier. Place all the spinach in a large bowl and add some of the dressing and toss to coat the spinach leaves.
Then add in the feta cheese, sliced onions, candied walnuts, diced avocadoes and sliced strawberries. You can either add the remainder of the dressing at this point and toss the salad together or toss the ingredients together without the dressing and serve in a platter or bowl then drizzles the dressing over the top of the salad. So say you are prepping this salad for a BBQ or friends coming over, you would definitely want to toss the ingredients without the dressing and just leave the dressing on the side for people to pour in as much as they want.
VARIATIONS TO THE STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD:
If you are just not a fan of spinach at all and would rather avoid it, you can still make this salad with just mixed greens instead of spinach. If you are not a fan of mixed greens either, just swap it with romaine lettuce. You can also add in any type of protein you prefer with this salad. I love having mine with grilled chicken. Another thing you can substitute is feta cheese. If you are not a fan of that, you can swap feta with shaved parmesan cheese.
If you would like to pack this salad for work lunch or meal prep, do not add the dressing on the spinach or salad ahead of time. Just lay the ingredients in layers without the dressing and store the stressing in those mini dressing container to add onto the salad later on at work. As always, I hope you try and enjoy this delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad with your family or just yourself. Be sure to rate it in my recipe card below as well as tag me on my Instagram so I can see and repost your delicious salad!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic minced
- 2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsps. balsamic glaze reduction
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper fine
- 1/2 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsps. honey
- Prepare the dressing by adding all the salad ingredients together. Shake in a shaker or whisk together in a cup.
- Prepare the salad ingredients.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and toss together with some of the dressing.
- Then add in the remainder of the salad ingredients. Toss everything together.
- Transfer the salad in a serving bowl or platter and drizzle some more dressing over the salad and then serve.
- ***You do not have to use all of the salad dressing. Use as much as you want and store the rest in the fridge for 3 days then discard if you do not use.