This Autumn Pear Salad is so flavorful and super easy to put together. It's made with some spring mixed greens, delicious pears, blueberries, and topped with some candied pecans and feta cheese.
PREPPING TO MAKE THE AUTUMN PEAR SALAD:
The prepping for this salad is very minimal. It's mostly slicing the pears, washing the blueberries and slicing the onions. Since the greens are pre-packaged and washed, they will not need any additional prepping. You will need some crumbled feta but that does not require any extra work unless you have a whole fetta and want to beak it apart before hand. I also do not prepare the candied Pecans. I buy them from the grocery store. If you would like to save time, you can prepare a big batch and keep it in hand to throw into your quick salad makes.
THE AUTUMN PEAR SALAD DRESSING:
I absolutely love the simple dressing I prepare for this salad. It's so flavorful and pairs super well with this salad. You will need some vinegar, olive oil, honey, black pepper, salt, oil, dried oregano and Dijon mustard. You will blend and mix everything together to create the vinaigrette dressing. The dressing will last in your fridge for a few days and can be used with other salads.
WHY USE MIXED GREENS FOR THIS SALAD:
I love mixed greens. I always have a box of it in my fridge almost all the time. It's very easy to toss quick salad when you have some handy. Mixed greens have great health benefits because they are packed with nutritious vitamins. Each serving provides a healthy dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and potassium. If you choose a blend with more spinach in them, you may also add in some extra proteins to your daily diet.
I hope you try and enjoy this delicious Autumn Pear Salad and if you love it, please leave me a rating and send me your delicious salad photo to my INSTAGRAM DM so I can see and repost it! Xoxo...
OTHER SALAD RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
Autumn Pear Salad
- 5 oz. Spring mixed greens
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 pears
- 1/3 cup purple onion sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 tbsps. white vinegar
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Mix all salad ingredients together to create a vinaigrette dressing.
- Slice the onion and pears.
- In a salad dish, place the greens first. Then add in the slices of pears, onions, blueberries, pecans and crumbled feta.
- Drizzle some of the dressing on top and serve.
- You can use candied or regular pecans, both add a delightful crunch!
- You can swap pecans for walnuts.
- The dressing will last in your fridge for a few days and can be used with other salads.
- If you want a twist on the recipe, swap blueberries for pomegranate seeds.
- Cut the pears right before you serve it. The pears can brown quickly.
- Don't dress the salad too far in advance or it will get soggy.