If you are looking for a delicious and healthy recipe, this Salmon Lettuce Wrap is just that! It's low in carb and very tasty. Just cook the salmon, pair it with your favorite ingredients and drizzle the delicious sauce onto it.
HOW TO MAKE THE SALMON LETTUCE WRAP:
You can buy any salmon you like to make this recipe. I usually grab mine from either Costco or Sprouts most of the time. They have both wild caught and farm raised salmon. It really all depends on you preference. The first step is to marinate your salmon with whatever spices you like to use. For this recipe I rubbed the salmon with some lime juice and for the seasoning, I used taco seasoning, paprika and drizzled some olive oil on it.
COOKING THE SALMON:
Pan sear the salmon until they are fully cooked. The time depends on the thickness of your salmon. I like keeping mine just a little bit undercooked so it stays juicy and doesn't feel so dry. You can also grill the salmon in your oven or outside grill. All of those options work for this recipe.
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO GO WITH THE SALMON LETTUCE WRAP:
You will obviously need lettuce, which here I used butter lettuce. You can use any type of lettuce you prefer or have in hand. Other ingredients I love pairing this recipe with as shown in the photo below: Diced tomatoes, diced purple onions, corn, black beans, sliced red radish, and petite dice jalapenos (optional). The amount of corn and beans you will end up having in each wrap is going to be very small, so the carb is very low.
SAUCE FOR THE SALMON LETTUCE WRAP:
For this recipe I used some taco ranch sauce with a little added lime juice and olive oil mixed together. I love the Ortega brand, I have mentioned that before, it's so yummy. If you want to make it spicy you can add some sriracha sauce to the mix as well. If you prefer going with a dressing that you can make from scratch you can use the same dressing I made for my Spicy Salmon Salad, which you can also add a little bit of taco seasoning to it if you like to have a more taco flavored dressing.
Assemble everything together and voila! Your Salmon Lettuce Wrap is ready to be devoured. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe and can't wait to see your delicious recreations when you share them via my INSRAGRAM DM. Xoxo...
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Salmon Lettuce Wrap
- 16 oz. salmon raw
- 2 tbsps. taco seasoning
- 2 tbsps. lime juice
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 cup corn cooked
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup tomatoes diced (fresh)
- 1/2 cup purple onions diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 1/2 cup sliced radish
- 1 pack of butter lettuce
- Taco ranch sauce
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Sriracha sauce optional
- Marinate the salmon and then pan sear with olive oil or grill. Break into smaller pieces afterwards.
- Prepare the taco ranch dressing.
- Dice all the ingredients needed to assemble the wrap.
- Assemble all the ingredients you like on the piece of lettuce and drizzle some taco ranch sauce onto it to complete the wrap.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can omit the sriracha and jalapenos for less heat.
- For a milder heat, make sure you remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapenos.
- Cooking time depends on the thickness of your salmon.
- You could swap out the salmon for shredded chicken, ground chicken or ground turkey.
- Make sure to dice your ingredients very small. This is one of the keys to making sure every bite is loaded with both texture and flavor!
- I like keeping my salmon just a little bit undercooked so it stays juicy and doesn't feel so dry.
- You can also grill the salmon in your oven or outside grill.