Mixed Berry Galette, is another super simple and comforting dessert idea you can pull in no time. It's made with very few ingredients and can be enjoyed with delicious vanilla ice cream. I am not a fan of all cooked fruits but this one is a go for me! I love all the flavors it comes with and even the kids are a huge fan!
WHAT IS A MIXED BERRY GALLETE?
A Galette is basically a free form of pie and takes a lot less time to prepare. It's basically a lazy pie but tastes just as good! This Mixed Berry Galette is packed with sweet strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I chose just 3 types of my favorite berries to keep it simple. This dessert is popular in the summer but I make it all year long because I can always find berries in the stores all year round which makes it super convenient.
HOW TO MAKE THE MIXED BERRY GALETTE
Once the pie crust is thawed, place it on a parchment paper. In another bowl, mix the berries with some confectioner sugar and corn starch. Pour the berry mixture on to the pie crust and tuck the sides of the crust to over lap the fruit.
Brush the sides with egg wash and sprinkle some granulated sure on top.
Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 25 minute or until the center is bubbly and crust is golden in color. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and then sprinkle with confectioner sugar before serving.
I lOVE having this Mixed Berry Galette with vanilla ice cream. It's like heaven! It tastes like your are eating the creamiest and most delicious berry ice cream. Ohhh so good! You can also prepare this dessert ahead of time but I like warming it up in the oven just a little bit right before serving. I hope you try and enjoy it! Don't forget to tag me on my Instagram DM so I can see your delicious recreations! There is also a rate button on my recipe card and you can also rate the recipe there. Xoxo...
OTHER RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE
Mixed Berry Galette
- 1 pie crust store bought
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar for sprinkling on the crust
- Place the pre-bought pie crust on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the berries, confectioner sugar and corn starch together.
- Place onto the pie crust and fold the edges of the crust to over the berries.
- Brush the crust with some egg wash and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Use a preheated oven.
- I've gone for pre made frozen pie crust, to save time. Make sure you thaw the crust first.
- Slice the strawberries, the other berries can go in whole.
- If you have particularly fresh fruit, the crust can become soggy. For extra protection from a soggy crust, you can dust the pie crust with some semolina flour.
- Don't pile the filling too high or the galette may not hold its structure.
- Use a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake the galette on the middle shelf to avoid browning.
- Feel free to try different combinations of berries in this galette.
- If any of the berries on the surface look dry after the tart is baked, you can brush them with a little jam.
- You can also prepare this dessert ahead of time but I like warming it up in the oven just a little bit right before serving.