This Shrimp Salad is one of my most favorite salad recipe because I can serve it plain just the way it is, I can serve it with some sort of greens or lettuce or I can simply enjoy it on a loaded toast! It’s so yummy either way.
HOW TO MAKE THE SHRIMP SALAD:
First, you have to prepare the shrimps. Even though these cooked baby shrimps are “cooked”, I am somehow never convinced they are cooked enough for me. LOL. I don’t know I may be weird, but I can’t just eat them like that. So what I do is I sauté them a little with some olive oil or and add a little bit of salt, black pepper, garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice to perk up the shrimp’s flavor.
OTHER INGREDIENTS FOR THE SHRIMP SALAD:
The rest of the salad consists of very few ingredients. I petite diced some purple onions (you can use regular or sweet onion), some red bell pepper, celery, chopped some green onions and a little bit of herbs like dill or parsley is you don’t like dill. But it’s a small amount of dill so it’s flavor wont be too strong. You can add diced Jalapeños to make it spicy.
THE SALAD DRESSING:
The salad dressing is very simple. It’s just a mix of olive oil, minced garlic, mayo, lemon juice, tiny bit of Dijon mustard, salt and a little bit of fresh dill. Mix it all together or blend it in a small processor to form a nice creamy dressing texture.
MAKING SHRIMP SALAD TOAST:
I love serving the shrimp salad on toast. Brush the bread with some olive oil or butter and grill it on a griddle or cast iron pan for just a couple of minutes. Then add one piece of butter lettuce or regular lettuce and load it up with some fresh mashed avocado. Add a few pieces of sliced purple onions if you like.
Top with slices of tomatoes and pile up some of the delicious shrimp salad right on top. Dive right into the most delicious shrimp salad toast you will ever have!
This Shrimp Salad recipe is so good I guarantee you will love it! It’s a cold salad so it works great for work lunch boxes or meal prep with a side of greens like mixed greens, baby arugula or lettuce. It’s also super low in carbs so you can enjoy on a lettuce wrap at night for dinner and don’t have to feel bad about any extra cab intake late at night. I hope you try and enjoy it! Please take a moment to save and share this recipe as well as tag me on my Instagram if you get to make it! I would love to hear your feedback on my recipe card so please rate the recipe when you try it! Enjoy! Xoxo…
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 16 oz. extra small baby shrimps 100-150/lb., cooked
- 1 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 purple onion finely diced
- 1/2 celery stick finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard-3 tbsps. lemon juice
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tsps. dill freshly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the shrimps for a couple of minutes. Add in the salt, black pepper, lemon juice and garlic. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, dice the other ingredients: celery, red bell pepper, mice garlic, and chop the onions and dill.
- In a dressing cup or food processor, prepare the dressing.
- Place shrimps and the other ingredients in a bowl. Pour in the dressing and mix to coat everything well with the salad dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!