This quick and easy Skillet Salmon with Vegetables is perfect for busy weeknights! Sautéed salmon and veggies come together in a colorful and delicious dish that’s packed with goodness!
Looking for a delicious weeknight meal that’s easy and nutritious? Look no further! This Skillet Salmon with vegetables is made for hectic weeknights. Succulent salmon is marinated with chili, garlic and lime then sauteed with a host of vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli and onions – satisfying and delicious!
If you’re looking for more salmon recipes, why not also try my Teriyaki Salmon Stir Fry or my Spicy Salmon Salad!
Why this Skillet Salmon with Vegetables is so good!
- Delicious! This skillet salmon delivers a wonderful mix of textures and flavors. Perfectly marinated crispy edged salmon cubes are married up with crunchy veggies for a vibrant and oh so tasty weeknight meal.
- Easy. This comes together in less than 30 mins and all done in one skillet!
- Nutritious. Nutrient rich salmon and tons of veggies mean this is a meal packed with goodness.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Salmon: Cubed.
- Veggies: Yellow squash, onion, broccoli, red bell pepper
- Olive Oil
- Salmon Marinade: Chili seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, parsley, salt, pepper, lime juice, olive oil.
How to make Skillet Salmon with Vegetables
- Cube your ingredients. Cube your salmon and wash and cube your veggies.
- Marinade the salmon. In a bowl mix the marinade ingredients together, then add in the salmon cubes and gently toss.
- Sauté the vegetables. In a non stick skillet, with olive oil and sauté until tender. Set aside.
- Sauté the salmon. In the same skill add some olive oil and sauté the salmon cubes for around 3 mins per side.
- Combine. Add the vegetables back into the skillet with the salmon, toss together, squeeze some lime on top then serve!
Recipe notes and tips
- Use a non stick skillet to prevent salmon from sticking to pan.
- You can use either lime or lemon juice.
- Be gentle when stirring the salmon. wait 1-2 minutes before switching the salmon cube to another side. it needs to have a nice brown crust.
- You can use different kinds of bell pepper or add zucchini with or instead of squash.
- Ideally use organic salmon whenever possible. And try to buy seafood like salmon from the sources that practice sustainable farming.
- Dab salmon dry before adding to pan, this gives you better browning and allows the marinade to stick.
- Don’t over-cook your salmon, it should still look slightly pink in the center.
What to serve with Skillet Salmon
Sautéed salmon with veggies is a great meal with a variety of sides. You could serve with rice, pasta or potatoes. Mashed potatoes are great as would be a crispy skinned baked potato!
How to cook Salmon
There are many ways to cook salmon and the cooking time will also vary based to the way you are cooking the salmon. I will cover all of that in a future post.
What’s the best salmon to use?
Ideally use wild salmon when possible, as it’s more flavorful and has more nutrients than farmed salmon.
Is salmon healthy?
Salmon is an awesome choice for a healthy diet. This fish is high in protein and low in carbohydrates. Salmon is also packed with vitamins and minerals such as potassium, selenium and Vitamin B12.
Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which have lots of health benefits. It’s recommended to eat salmon about once a week.
Other delicious salmon recipes
- Baked Honey Garlic Salmon
- Salmon Lettuce Wrap
- Salmon Skewers Recipe With Citrus
- Sesame Broiled Salmon Recipe with Vegetables
I hope you enjoy all the recipes I share with you including this delicious and simple Skillet Salmon with Vegetables recipe. I hope you try it, enjoy it, rate it and share it with your friends and family!
If you try this recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
Skillet Salmon with Vegetables
- 16 oz salmon cubed into 3/4-1 inch in size
- 1 large yellow squash petite cubed
- 1 cup purple onion petite cubed
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets small pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper petite cubed
- 2 tbsps olive oil lightly flavored
- 2 tsps chili seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt or less to taste
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsps lime juice or the juice of one large lime
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the salmon marinade together well. Then add in the salmon cubes and lightly toss them with a fork. Do it gently to avoid breaking the salmon cubes.
- Wash and cube the vegetables.
- In a non-stick 12 inch skillet or pan, heat one tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the vegetables until tender. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another 1 tbsp. of olive oil and place the salmon cubes on the skillet leaving space between them. Do not over crowd. Sauté them in two batches if needed.
- Sauté the cubes on each side for 1-3 minutes, depending on the size of your cubes. Mine were small so it took 1-2 minutes only for each side to cook and get a golden brown crust.
- Once the salmon cooks, add in the vegetables. Toss them lightly together, again be gentle not to crush the salmon. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Squeeze some lime or lemon juice on top if prefered, this is optional. Serve along with some rice or potatoes and enjoy!
Ulrika Davidsson says
Have made this a few times. Quick, easy and delicious